Monday, September 1, 2008

Much Needed Date!!

Thursday afternoon me and the boys were having a picnic on our back porch. Our backdoor neighbor came over and asked if I wanted their Colt's tickets for Thursday nights pre-season game. Of course, I thought of my dear husband and couldn't turn them down. Ryan had the CPA exam Thursday morning and had been studying like crazy for it the last couple of months so he was in need of a break.

I called Ryan about 4:30 and told him about the game. He was going to pick up the babysitter on his way home from work and then we would leave asap. So...the plans were perfect, or so we thought. Ryan walked the usual 1 mile to his car after work only to find that his car was not there. There were signs posted that said No Parking on Thursday but the signs were not there when he parked there Thursday morning. So he talked to a police officer who said that his car had been towed. He had to walk 8 blocks to the city/county building and pay a fee to get his car back. (Now mind you, he has parked in this exact spot for over a year and a half). While paying his fee there were other people who said they parked their earlier in the day and there were NO signs indicating you couldn't park there. At any rate, he paid the $90 to get his car out but then he had to walk another 8 blocks to where his car was located.

Back to me. Due to the inconveniences that Ryan had, I had to go get the sitter and I got stuck in traffic and was SO irritated. So by the time I left my house it was 6:15 p.m. and the game starts at 7:00. I finally met Ryan in a Kroger parking lot at 6:30 to start our date. We drove to the game and after driving around in total traffic for 45 minutes we paid $10 to park 10 blocks from the stadium. Argh! Since we didn't have time to eat like we had planned we had to eat at the stadium. We got chicken fingers with fries $8.00 and a hot dog, drink and nachos $15.00. So after paying the babysitter, parking and food - our "free" game cost us $65.00 - what the heck???
Now...about the game! It was great. We were on the 5th row of the Colt's sideline on the 25 yard line. It was fabulous!!! The stadium is amazing and the pictures don't do it justice (this is coming from someone who really doesn't care- so you know it's pretty cool). Anyways, so after all the problems it was still FABULOUS to go on a date with my hot husband!! I only wish we could do it more. (that is one disadvantage of living away from family - no babysitters). Note of interest: the following pics were taken from our seats - except the first one.

3 comments:

Kasi said...

have you complained to the Mayor's office yet? Don't forget you get ANOTHER date this Saturday! I hope it isn't as expensive!

BECKY said...

I love the family picture at the top!!!

And hooray for the football game... bummer on all the stuff that went wrong though. Life is so weird sometimes!!!

And the MWPS was pretty great. Keep doing what you're doing... I think you're fantastic!

The Perry's said...

I laughed, I laughed pretty hard, because I thought it wasn't going to get any worse, but it did and kept going. But what a great memory. And what AWESOME seats!!!

I hope Ryan did well on his exam. It'll be so nice when you guys have that out of the way.