Sunday, September 21, 2008

Uplifting Church (oxymoron)...

You know how church is suppose to be uplifting and make you feel good inside...well, that didn't happen so much today!

I am 35 weeks pregnant and with that comes weight and a belly. Of this I am aware! However, I wasn't feeling EXTREMELY huge (relatively speaking) until now. Today at church I think at least 20 (seriously I'm not exaggerating) people, most of whom I have never even spoke too, came up to me with various comments. Wow, you must be due any day? When are you due? You look miserable? You're looking swell (emphasis on the swell)! You look HUGE and pointed! When I told them I am due in a month they were astounded and felt really bad for me.
What does this all mean? Apparently, I'm fat, miserable looking, and so big that I should have had this baby already. So...church was very uplifting and I am feeling GREAT about myself now. Thanks everybody!

9 comments:

Kasi said...

Oh sweetie, I feel your pain! Imagine hearing that at 30 weeks!(which I did with 3/4 of the kids) One week Bro. Kolditz said to Kevin, "Wow, your wife is ALL baby!" Yeah.
And I don't think you look huge, I think you look 35 weeks pregnant. You're a cute prego, I promise!!
Had I been at church, I promise I wouldn't have told you that you looked huge :) But Daniel dropped a bench on his foot this morning and has been oozing blood all day, and Benson has a stomach bug. So no church for me. Super fun day here, especially since we leave tomorrow!!

Elicia said...

Amen to that! I got that for about 5 weeks too. I started to dread going to church...aren't you supposed to enjoy church?

Melissa said...

I thought you looked cute in your fun shirt and skirt. Did you retaliate with unsolicited advice of your own...gosh, it's too bad you are out of toothpaste because your breath reeks, or sorry about that hair on your chin.

Randi A. said...

Oh Krista! That is so sad. I agree with the comment above me, Melissa, you should retaliate with comments of your own.

BECKY said...

Gotta love all the comments people make without realizing what they are really saying.

Well, I really think you do look swell (in a good way!) and I'm excited to meet Gage #3!

The Perry's said...

Oh girl, just tell them that on top of being 35 weeks pregnant you have a drinking problem that is causing a big beer belly buldge. Then ask if they want to come over for drinks next Monday night.

Amanda said...

People are so stupid. I am sure that you look great. At least you have some really cute maternity clothes right! :)

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

oh my gosh I am so sorry! Being pregnant is truly a humbling sacrifice that we make for our children! I even had one lady at school tell me that she could no longer recognize my face...what are these people thinking! I am sure that you are beautiful, I have always thought that!

Melanie said...

I have never known you to take crap like that and not do something about it. I think you should make rude comments back and then later you can blame it on your pregnancy. It is nice that the ward members only talk to you to insult you though. You should make them some of your mom's "special" cookies and see how they like that.