Monday, October 27, 2008

He's HERE!!!

STRIDER STAPP GAGE

Strider Stapp Gage is finally here. He weighed in at 9 lbs 8 oz and was 20 inches long. He took the long, hard way to get here. This is how his story begins...
Krista was scheduled for a c-section on Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. However, Saturday morning at 1:30 a.m. Krista's water broke, but it wasn't until she was in Ryan's car that the dam broke and got everywhere. whew!!! Anyways, when we got to the hospital she was dilated to a 3 and they confirmed that yes, her water had broken. She was having pretty consistent contractions and so at 3:00 a.m. they gave her an epidural. She continued to gradually progress (at no pain, thanks to the epidural). By 11:00 a.m. she was dilated to an 8 and the Dr. said she would probably start pushing around 1:00 p.m. So 1:00 came with a dilation to a 10 and the pushing began. Trooper Krista pushed for 2 hours and then the Dr. came in because his head was coming. But no....not that easy! He was face up instead of face down, which is no good. They tried to turn him but couldn't so they got the "vacuum" out. They tried to vacuum him for 9 pushes to no avail and then said if they couldn't get him this time we would have to do an emergency c-section. Krista pushed her guts but no Strider out. So she swore, cried and had her c-section. Of course, they had to stitch the episiotomy up first. Then the c-section came. Krista could feel everything they were doing and No, it wasn't just pressure she was feeling (stupid anesthesiologist). You think the story would end there but it doesn't. Strider was so far in the birth canal that they couldn't get him out. They had three people on top of Krista pushing and pulling to get his little body out. They had to vacuum him again in order to FINALLY at 4:16 p.m. on October 25th he was born. First things first, Ryan confirmed to Krista that he did not look like he had Down Syndrome. Yeah for the first time of the day! It then took a long time to sew Krista back up because her incision in her uterus tore while they were trying to get him out. So, needless to say, Krista was hesitant to bond with a child who put her through this and the child aka Strider, was equally as hesitant to bond with her. However, we have let bygones be bygones and now we love each other a whole lot. Poor Strider's head is really bruised and blistered from all the vacuuming and trauma. He is a big boy and super, super cute and we are so glad to finally have him here. All the Gage boys with Grandma Stapp.
Little Strider
Chunky mama with chunky baby.
Hot daddy with super cute baby
Grandma Stapp with her 3rd grandchild.
What a good big brother Taegen is.
Doesn't Ryan look so young in this pic? (Ernst and Young that is...)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby boy. The perfect little boy to join a perfect little family. I think he looks like his dad.

snickers said...

Krista and Ryan,
Congrats!! The baby is beautiful! Krista, you are a trooper. I hope that I get to meet him someday. It haven't seen the twins since they were babies. It's been too long.
Megan
(Shawnee's friend...in case you forgot)

Amanda said...

I am DYING!!! Krista I am so SORRY! I was so excited reading the first of the post that you were going to have a vag birth and then all HELL broke loose. That is the worst delivery story I have ever heard. You just let your mama take good care of you! Cute baby, I might be mad at him too.

Randi A. said...

Oh my gosh Krista, you are a trooper. That sounds awful. Strider is such a cute little chunk. Congratulations. Hope you are doing ok and healing nice. Good job, way to be a stronger woman than I'll ever be!

Charlotte said...

Congrats! I found your blog from Heathelyn's.

What a traumatic entrance into the world. You are such a trooper! I'm glad you and your big little guy are doing well and recovering.

Let me know if you need anything!

Scott and Sarah said...

Whew... what an adventure. We are so excited for you!! Congratulations, he is sooo cute!

Romney Family said...

Congrats on the new arrival. What a big boy his is!!! So sorry you had to go through all of that trauma~how awful!!

scott and tara said...

Oh Krista, I'm so sorry it was such a hard labor and delivery. I am glad that he his finally here and you are both doing well. He is so cute!! Take care and enjoy your three adorable boys :)

The Witt Family said...

Congratulations on the new little guy. He is very cute, and I think he looks like Ryan! Tell Krista she's a trooper and we're so glad all is well and everyone is healthy and happy. We love you all and good luck with 3!!!

Amber said...

What a cutie. I definitely see Gage in him. Kudos to Krista for that delivery. You'd think after having to have twins things could have been easier for you. WOW! He is beautiful. Hope you guys are doing well. Tell the big brothers hello!
Congrats!

6 cute kids said...

He is sooooo cute!!! I hope you feel better soon, and this will be a great birth story to bring up when he is a stinker. Hope all goes well, Rachel

Jen said...

I am so sorry Krista. That is super lame to be so torn up.
Strider is sure cute though. I'm so glad that he's here and healthy.

TeamDall said...

Krust,
I talked to your dad on Sunday and he told me the story and I about passed out. You are so amazing! I can't even believe it. He really is sooooo cute. Congratulations to you and Ryan. You're a darling family and I hope you are able to heal fast. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Love,
Bark

BECKY said...

CONGRATS!!!
I'm so sorry it all went down so bad... I hope you feel well really soon. And you delivered the biggest baby I've ever heard of! And he is SO cute!

RoseAnna said...

Krista- That sucks aboout your delivery...get it...sucks...the vaccumm!! Ha Ha Ha. Okay that wasn't funny. I'm just glad that everything worked out in the end and that you got little Strider here. He is darling. I hope that you recover quickly.

Melanie said...

Congratulations Krista! (and Ryan who did nothing spectacular to speak of) Your little boy is adorable Ü

Heathelyn said...

Wow!! I'm impressed. Way to make it through hell and back to bring that little (big) guy into the world. Go "Super Mom".

The Arey Fam said...

Oh my Heck!!!!!! I cannot believe that labor/delivery! That is crazy and so long! I'm glad that both mom and baby are ok! are you? your baby is so dang cute! congrats!

Elicia said...

CONGRATS!