This last weekend, we drove what was suppose to be 5 1/2 hrs to Chattanooga, Tennessee. Ryan's cousin, Jeffrey, plays for the Montana Bobcats (I mean Grizz) and they were playing in the National Championship football game. Woohoo!! So Friday we left at 12:30 hoping to be there in time to see the others who were making the trek. The game started at 8 and we didn't arrive until 8:15. The 5 1/2 hr drive ending up being 8 hrs. Not fun with 3 kids in tow. I had to hang myself (boobie) over Strider to feed him in his car seat and I highly don't recommend this feeding technique. Anyways, I dropped Ryan off at the game and then I headed with the 3 boys to the hotel. I had to push a stroller with Strider in it, carry a play pen, a diaper bag, a suitcase, and our Wendy's dinner to the hotel room all while making sure Taegen and Kyler were following close behind. We finally made it to our room a little irritated to say the least. But...now we could relax.
At 11:30 pm (mind you, I am still by myself, Ryan is still out with his family) the crowds from the game started gathering outside our window. Why? You ask. Because we were right next to the pool and the parking lot on the first floor. So all these people were using our windowsill as a bench and smoking and swearing and all. The smoke came in through the a/c-heater and was highly annoying. Thankfully I brought the boys' noise maker so that drowned out a lot of the noise UNTIL the fighting broke out. At 1:00 fighting began and they were banging the door and window and swearing super loud and then the cops showed up. I was so freakin' scared. Right as the cops were leaving Ryan got home (with his aunt and uncle and 2 cousins). I opened the door and they asked what was going on and I started crying. I was so scared!! When I called the stupid lady at the hotel desk and told her what was going on she said "Oh, it's probably just some Montana people blowing off some steam." Stupid lady - couldn't she hear them chanting the Richmond fight song. Some people bug!
So...back to the classy hotels that we have stayed in. This one was also
verified as "elegant" by the lovely candle holder in the lobby :). I think next time we will fork out a little more money to stay in a place that we don't fear for our lives.
The trip was totally worth it though because we did get to see this.
Chuck's Condom Shop - Way to go Chattanooga!
To round out the trip. We did get to eat breakfast with Ryan's other aunt and uncle and cousin on Saturday before the long trek home. Shelley (aunt) was inducted into the Strider spit up hall of fame shortly after holding him.
It was sure fun to see some people and I am totally bummed that I didn't get to see the others. Sorry about your luck Poots, Lindsey, Marlene and Del. Maybe next year!!!
One last question: Aren't I a great wife for driving 15+ hours only to sit in a hotel room with my 3 boys while my super amazing, hot hubby goes to a football game? I must be quite a catch.
4 comments:
Well that sounds like GREAT fun. Hope my next trip is as pleasant. ;)
Merry Christmas!
So did you stock up at the condom shop?
Glad to know that I am not the only one who gets into trouble by trying to save a buck!
Krista.....that was such a funny, yet horrifying story!!! Sounds like my life. You are super amazing for going through all that so Ryan could be with his family. I would totally do the same but probably be complaining the entire time and then tell Cliff he owed me big time!! I love reading your posts because you guys seem to have so much fun and look so happy. I wish I could say the same. I think I have let some of my difficulties taint me out of having fun and trying to enjoy life despite myself. You are such a strong person and I know that is why I have always loved you!!
And of course 01 was a great year because that was the year we were neighbors and probably my best year of college!!
Thanks for being such a great example.
Post a Comment