Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Bachelor

I confess. I LOVE reality TV shows. Not all...okay, most! Right now I am watching THE BACHELOR. So good! However, it just happened to be on Monday night from 8 - 10 and I was busy. So...I recorded it. For those of you that don't know what "record" means. It means that get a VHS tape and put it in the Video slot on the TV and make sure it's on the right channel (easy when you only have 3 channels) and press record. This is the old fashioned way of doing things I realize however, I am now willing to pay $ for TV when I can get 3 channels for free. So last night, Ryan and I started watching our recorded Bachelor at about 9:45 (when Ryan got home). We watched the good stuff and then got tired and so we fast forwarded to see the rose ceremony. We watched it in fast forward for about 10 minutes so we didn't "miss" anything. Then...right when the rose ceremony was about to begin...the tape ran out!! Dang VHS. That wasn't the worse part though. After the tape ran out Ryan said "That was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me." Not because it ran out but because we had been sitting there waiting for the rose ceremony FOREVER and right when it was to start....Nothing!

Here's the thing...How do you think Ryan's comment made me feel. You would think that maybe our wedding day or the birth of our children would make the greatest thing ever list but no...The Bachelor! Such is my life I suppose! :):)

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go look up on the computer who didn't get at rose last night.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I should think having been married as long as you have, you should be used to comments like that. Boys just don't understand.

The Witt Family said...

Okau so I must admit that Steve and I watch the bachelor too, and it is really funny that Steve watches it with me. I can't stand some of the girls this season. So funny that I watch this show. I saw in the previews Deanna comes back. Interesting??? Let me know what you think of some girls. I'll be your bachelor buddy!

Anonymous said...

Hey if you ever miss the bach again you can watch it online so you don't even have to "record" it anymore!