Wednesday, March 25, 2009

28 years old and counting...


I have AWESOME family and friends. On my birthday I had at least 25 people either call, text or stop by to wish me a happy birthday (that's not including all the RS sisters that sang to me at Enrichment Night). That's pretty good - I dare say!
It all started on Monday, Angie brought me a homemade cake and gift (for those of you that know Angie - a homemade cake is not something you would expect from her). Then on my birthday, Ryan had breakfast waiting when I got home from the gym. The boys got me some killer (and that means UGLY) necklaces that they picked out. Melanie brought me some brownies and a gift. Then I went to Enrichment Night and had cupcakes. Then when I got home, Ryan had snuck home early from work and cleaned the whole house and had flowers and a DQ ice cream cake on the table for me. It was FABULOUS!! My family sent presents (including many tart pans) that I am really excited about. I also got money (thanks Gage's and Gpa Millard).
So...what is to learn about my great 28th birthday....It's a good thing I got a gym membership and have been going daily because now I need to work off not 1 or 2 or even 3 but 4 desserts from my birthday (and that's not including my b-day dinner coming up on Saturday) I LOVE IT! Thanks everybody, you make me feel very special!

15 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! I hope this year is the best one yet!

Matt and Kirsten said...

28! since when did we all start turning 28? Whoa!

Anonymous said...

I knew it was your birthday but have sick ones at home - SORRY! Sounds like you had a great day! Looks like you had a great Sunday too! Keep up the good work at the gym!

The Tengelsens said...

Happy birthday!! I would love to just make you a purse-you wouldn't have to buy it. Just let me know what you want it to look like. It will be a late birthday present from me. My email is kcstapp@gmail.com. Email me and we can work something out!

Kasi said...

holy crap, Angie made you a cake?! Wow. She must love you.
So I am getting pretty excited about this better than sex cake. It better turn out, although with me making it, you always have a 50 percent chance it will end up in the trash.
And holy cow, that's awesome that Ryan came home early and cleaned. That sounds like the best present EVER.
Anyway, so I am waiting until Sat. to give you your present. Then it's like you get TWO birthdays, right?

Sandee said...

Krista you look skinny and fabulous! Pretty flowers Ryan...well done! hope you had a good one!

Melanie said...

Krista - I am so glad you had a great birthday! I have been dropping hints that I want a good birthday this year, but we will have to see what happens. I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a great husband, I always end up making my own cake:)

Shalise said...

Happy Birthday Krista!! You are looking good at 28 + 3 kids!! Shelly

scott and tara said...

Happy Late Birthday Krista! I'm glad you had such a great day. It is hard to believe we are 28!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I didn't even realize it was your B-day this week. Let's pretend that's why I tried to call you last week though. I'm VERY thougtful. Happy Birthday Pista!
-Nick

Charlotte said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! You deserve it!

Romney Family said...

Sounds like you had a great day!!! Your cake looks so yummy!!Happy belated b-day!!

BECKY said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounded so wonderful and you are looking so great. Only 15ish more days of tax season, right???!!

Heather said...

I guess you can officially put me on the LAME friends list! Sounds like you had a good day! When are you gonna come see us?