BUSY BUSY WEEKENDRyan turned 28 on Saturday June 20th - hoop de hoop!
I made him steak and eggs and orange rolls for breakfast. Aren't I great? Anyways, after breakfast the boys
REALLY wanted to give him his presents so we did presents at like 8:00 in the morning. (If you look closely you'll notice he's still in his underwear...if you're LDS and look closely, you may not have to look that close to notice). My parents got him a
NICE dutch oven. This was the one and only item Ryan wanted for his birthday. He mentioned it to me on many occasions that he wanted a dutch oven for his birthday. Ryan NEVER wants anything so I had to make note that he actually did want something. Yeah!



After the opening of presents we went to a Down Syndrome Indiana outing. They had it at this little airport in Carmel. They had lots of airplanes to look at and they had lots of booth with information and stuff. They had toys for the kids and just fun stuff. It was a fundraiser, so all the funds went towards Down Syndrome Indiana. They had some really cool planes. It would have been fun to actually ride in one....maybe if I had down syndrome they would have let me (who knows?)


There was also a ball pit for the boys to play in. They LOVED it. Strider even got into it for a little while.

In the below picture - look at Strider's face in the background. Love it!

After we went to the Down Syndrome Indiana thing we went for a swim. It was nice but the water could have been colder. It was fun to go swimming and actually have Ryan there to help. When we were getting ready to leave, Kyler threw his towel in the water. So...we didn't have any extra's so Kyler got to "dry" off with his soaking towel. It was awesome!

Since we had decided to go swimming I didn't have time to make Ryan's birthday cheesecake on his actual birthday. So we had some friends over on Sunday. Now, if you look closely you'll notice that in fact it is not, after all, a cheesecake. You see, sometimes I'm dumb. I messed up the cheesecake and I had to make a stupid cake in the box cake for my dear hubbies birthday. I was quite disappointed and I may have even shed a tear. Boo hoo! Ryan acted like he didn't care (which he probably didn't) but I will have to make him a GREAT cheesecake one of these days to make up for it.

And that, my friends, was our weekend in a nutshell. Busy busy busy but super duper fun. Happy Birthday Honey and Happy Father's Day!! I always feel bad because Ryan's birthday is so close to Father's Day. I feel like he gets jipped out of presents so this year I got him special presents for his birthday AND different presents for Father's Day. I also made him a yummy breakfast both days. So...despite have a Birthday so close to Father's Day...he got special treatment for both!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ryan! Great job on being an awesome wife and making both days special. Funny thing about the Santa-wrapped present. We have a reunion in a couple weeks with a gag gift thing... and I wrapped ours in that exact wrapping paper! Great minds think alike? :) Strider's face in the ball pit is soooooooo cute. He is really growing up!
Post a Comment