Rewind: The Tuesday before we got to my parents house my sister calls me bawling and says that my dad has been in a motorcycle accident. No good! Turns out he was in an accident in Monte Cristo. He tore up his hand pretty bad and had to have surgery right away. As they were cleaning out the wound it was worse than they thought. He had 3 tendons that were mushy and a broken pinky bone. He also would need a skin graft to cover the open area where the skin was scraped away. Gross! Anyways, my dad was not able to come on the river (which is his FAVORITE trip). However, just because he was on his death bed didn't keep the rest of us from enjoying ourselves :). Here is my dad in the hospital before his surgery.
Sandee came home from the river a day early because she had to get a deviated septum surgery on her nose. It was much more painful and agonizing then she had imagined. She was hung up the rest of our trip. So this is what the two looked like when we got home.
So...I'm glad to say that Sandee and my dad are doing better. Dad has to wear a splint for 8 weeks but at least he can walk and breathe and all. Greg is still in a rut but he will be super duper in a few days (I hope).
5 comments:
aw man, I thought you were going to post pics of his hand with all the tendons showing.
Wow that is quite the picture of me! I look awful. And I felt as bad as I looked.. The rest are cute though
Oh man! Hope Kevin and Sandee recover quickly. That's too bad he missed the river trip. I remember you guys doing that a lot. What a fun tradition.
what an awesome trip. I hate to hear that you were so close and I didn't get to see you, but it sounds like it was a pretty packed few days. maybe next time! I am glad that your dad is ok, a motorcycle accident is never good news. by the way i love your new family picture. your baby is so stinkin' cute. i kinda have a thing for chubby cheeks.
I love the picture of Kevin and Sandee on the couch. Classic!
Post a Comment