Saturday, August 29, 2009

Greg...


You may remember this picture from a previous post about my uncle. I worked for him for a long time and we are very close. He is the biggest crack-up ever. He just got done with chemo and radiation and everything for colon cancer. Anyways, as a result of the chemo he has neuropathy (where he can't feel his fingers, toes and bottom of his feet). You have to understand that Greg is really funny, doofy regularly...so if you throw in cancer and neuropathy and such he gets some GREAT stories. He called yesterday to tell me of his latest stories and I just have to write them down because nobody will want to forget these.

Story #1: He was walking into the hospital for a check-up. He was wearing flip-flops. He got to the door and some girls standing there said "Sir, you lost your flip-flop". He turned around and his flip flop was in the middle of the street. He had no clue he'd lost it. He didn't explain to the girls that he had neuropathy he simply said "Thank-you". What do you think they were thinking?

Story #2: He was riding his motorcycle home from Bear Lake when it started to rain. He pulled off to a gas station and took off his helmet and went inside. After he got all situated and the rain stopped he went back outside. He tried to buckle his helmet for 10 minutes but without being able to feel his fingers he couldn't do it. So...he walked back into the gas station and said to the clerk "Could you buckle my helmet? I have neuropathy and can't get it buckled." So - she buckled it for him. I can totally picture him having some young woman buckling his helmet because he can't do it for himself.

Story #3: (let me preface this story by saying that he has lost a lot of weight with all his cancer stuff. He lost about 50+ pounds) He owns his own company and the office is in his house. He had two guys come over looking for a job. He was standing outside talking to them and ...his pants fell down. He just reached down and pulled up his pants and said "Sorry about that." No explanation.

That's freakin' awesome! Seriously, now do you see why I needed to post these so we will NEVER forget them. I LOVE Greg!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Those are pretty funny. I was laughing out loud reading them, especially the last one. Thanks for sharing!

Shalise said...

I asked him if I could start a blog completely dedicated to these stories because I think they are so good-I imagine cancer patients reading them from all over the nation!

Heathelyn said...

That is hysterical!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Janene said...

Awesome. No wonder you wanted to post them! Thanks for the laugh!