Saturday, September 12, 2009
Wasatch 100 homesickness
There are a few times that I have been homesick. I usually get homesick at Easter because I love my families Easter Party. I was homesick when Strider was born. Now I'm homesick because of the Wasatch 100. The Wasatch 100 is a 100 mile race. One person runs the entire race, it's not a tag team event. It's also ALL in the mountains of Utah. Up and Down again and again and again and again. This year my brother, my cousin and my brother in law were running it. I wish I could have been there SO bad. The reason I wish I could have been there is this...I too was once a complete idiot and did this crazy race. I know what they are going through. I know the planning and training that has gone on. I know the excitement and thrill of finishing. I also know that I really never want to do it again. BUT...every year during the race or this year watching the splits online REALLY makes me want to do it again. Seriously, there is no other experience or words that can describe the sense of accomplishment you feel at the end. I was looking everywhere yesterday for my splits and I couldn't find them. But today, I found them in Ryan's missionary letters I sent him. My time was 34 hours and 52 minutes - straight, no sleeping, straight. It was crazy but seriously amazing. So...maybe next year! Although, I know that come tomorrow after the hoop-la of the race is over. I will vow once again to NEVER run it. But oh...the memories...:):)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will have to say you are crazy for doing such a big race but good job. I like to stick with 5k's. I love to do those!!
You are nuts, but I'm proud of ya!
I was right there with you. Because I haven't done it, I still have the strong desire to finish that race.
Wow! I can't believe you did that!!!
Don't forget you were the youngest girl to ever complete the race and it rained profusely the year you did it!!! After watching those people race this year I want to congratulate you again-only about 7 years late but I'm super impressed.
Post a Comment