Friday, October 16, 2009

Apples, Apples and MORE apples

Every few years...I CAN be domesticated. Yesterday just happened to be one of those days. My house was a disaster the night before but I knew I was going to be making applesauce. So, I got up at 6 to pick up the house, ran to Walmart to get jars and lids - all before Ryan had to leave for work at 7:30. Then, after Kyler got on the bus. Taegen and I got to work. It was really fun. All in all we canned 24 pints and 2 quarts of homemade applesauce. Strider wanted in on the fun but he was SO tired. Don't get me started on how this little boy is driving me crazy with his sleeping habits and lack thereof lately. Ugh, I have to keep reminding myself that he still isn't feeling quite up to par. But really, come on!

5 comments:

BECKY said...

Wow, you're awesome... that's a lot of delish applesauce! Kyler is such a stud!

BECKY said...

I meant to say Taegan is a stud...
Now don't get me wrong, so is Kyler, but I think I have a crush on Taegan right now!

Dustin and Selena said...

So I haven't looked at your blog in like a week and it sounds like you have been really busy. Sorry about all the sickness and the doctors. I thought we had been bad with doctors lately, but you made me feel better-thanks!! You are such a good woman- and you still make me laugh!

TeamDall said...

WORD SISTER! I'm making applesauce tomorrow. I'm pretty sure we're spiritual twins--seeing as how we're so awesome and everyting. Wanna move back and be my neighbor?

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a super mom. Thats alot of applesauce! At least you have the right equipment though, I had to peal and cut the apples all by hand:( Needless to say I only got 4 quarts this time aroud