Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jake the Snake came to visit.

My brother Jake was able to come visit for a few days. He is a big 49ers fan so Ryan and Jake went to the 49ers vs Colts game. Of course the Colts won. Anyways, it was so fun to have Jake visit. He has never been around the boys for very long because when we go to Utah he will come visit but it's for a few hours at a time and there is always a lot of people. He actually got to play with them for hours and hours on end. They LOVED him. They played airplane, cowboys and hide-n-seek and tag and seriously, every run around game you can think of. When they woke up in the morning they would ask if they could go jump on Jake. When they woke up from naps they would ask for Jake. When Ryan would get home..they told him to go back to work cuz they were playing with Jake. They loved him. It was so fun to watch him interact with the boys. It's hard living far away because we miss out on these close relationships but it was so fun and great to see Jake devote so much time and energy to playing and getting to know the boys.
The first day he got here he told me that my house reminded him of the _____. (Fill that in with the dirty, disgusting people that live by you.) He even mopped my floor and cleaned the boys chairs and said "Now these poor boys have a better chance at a successful life." By the 3rd day he was here he said "Now I know why your floor was a mess." As soon as you clean...it's dirty. The chairs were just as dirty as the day he cleaned them. The floor more dirty. Kyler is the MESSIEST eater ever and Strider is probably second to Kyler. So, cut me a break.

One night when I came out from putting the boys to bed Ryan and Jake had just seen a mouse run under our entertainment center. Jake grabbed a box. Ryan cut off the other "exit". I held the box while the boys moved the entertainment center. The mouse ran in the box but when I went to pick it up the entertainment center was on the box so I couldn't. The mouse ran out and then Jake had it in a box but before he could close it the mouse ran out. Then the mouse ran into the laundry room with us on it's tail. We got it in there. Jake holding a box. Ryan holding a phone book. The mouse ran towards Ryan so he swatted at it with the phone book. It went flying under the closed door into the kitchen and before we could open the door...it was gone. So after 3 unsuccessful, yet very awesome, attempts...the mouse is still somewhere in my house. We have traps set up all over but the little thing has yet to be seen. I think Ryan knocked it out when he hit it and the stupid mouse is dead somewhere. Oh well.

Here are some pics of Me and Jake. Is it hard to tell that we're siblings?

Take 1
Take 2And Take 3.

Thanks Jake for gracing us with your presence. We had so much fun. Come again and this time don't wait 3 years. We love you!

6 comments:

BECKY said...

SO fun!!

Sandee said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I'm flying out tomorrow, see you in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Wow I just want to know if your brother is single. I would give anything to date him, he is down right HOT. If he is married I would like to meet the luckiest girl in the world.

Heathelyn said...

Wow, that anonymous post was pretty bold! LOL. Well, since I don't seem to have anyone's emails, I am inviting everyone through their blogs. GNO to see New Moon, Regal Shiloh in Avon Friday Nov 20 at 7pm. Be there, or be square!

Dustin and Selena said...

So i just caught up on like 5 posts and you still just crack me up, and i totally would never have recognized your brother, he must have grown up like 10 years since I saw him last, well it probably has been 10 years.

Shalise said...

Wouldn't it be nice if you had a Jake for your kids all day long just a couple of days a week...