Thursday, December 31, 2009

Museum chaos

When the boys were tiny we had a Children's museum pass. It was great. I would have renewed it but I'm too cheap and we decided to do the zoo instead of the museum. Anyways, some friends invited us to go to the museum with them. We hadn't been in like 2 years. Taegen and Kyler didn't remember it at all. Neither did Strider, but he was in utero when we went last, I wouldn't expect him to remember.

Let me just say. NEVER, NEVER NEVER go to the museum between Christmas and New Years. I should have turned around and gone home when I realized that the parking garage (which is Never full) was full AND the 3 overflow parking lots. I was "directed" like 3 blocks down and one block over to park. It was ridiculous, yet I still went. Once we got inside it was pure craziness. People everywhere. Finding a table for lunch was crazy. The have a new Barbie exhibit. The little girls we went with were SO excited. Needless to say, Kyler actually got into the whole dress a barbie exhibit. Taegen too (I just didn't get a pic). We finally went to the Playscape, 5 and under area. We had to wait to get in because (surprise) they were at capacity. However, once we got in there the boys had a ball. I actually had to drag Kyler and Strider away from the water area because they were splashing all the other kids. But...they had fun. Doesn't Strider's face just say it all.
Ready for our 30 mile, up hill both ways walk back to the car. Kyler started out in the "backseat" of the stroller.
but Taegen ended up in it.He actually said he was comfortable. I think he just didn't want to walk.

After this GREAT experience. We went to the zoo with Ryan and enjoyed Christmas at the Zoo. I was so bummed when I realized my camera battery was dead. I HATE that. If only I could see the screen to realize that it is low. Which brings me to another thought: I got money for Christmas and I'm debating on what to buy. A new camera (one that works) or a sit and stand stroller (one that can actually fit two boys and maybe three). I am finding it hard to buy a new camera when the one I have actually DOES take pics, I just can't see them or delete them or do anything with them unless I put them on the computer or something. I am also finding it hard to buy a sit and stand stroller when I have 3 double strollers in my garage. One that is HUGE and I'm kind of over, one that is a jogger/bike pulling stroller which is hooked to the bikes. And one that is a side by side, that is impossible to steer with one hand. In my head a sit-n-stand one would work for all 3 boys. I could have Strider in front and Taegen and Kyler sit-n-stand in the back. It's not half as bulky as the others. The reason I am debating is because Kyler rarely will walk anywhere. He wants to be pushed or held. Taegen is still only 3 years old and can really only walk SO far. He does pretty good but sometimes he needs a break. Strider, well....he can't keep up if he walks. Anyways, I'll keep debating and let you know...what wins the battle.

1 comment:

Heathelyn said...

Hey, Jen has a good idea. And the boys look like they had fun, even if it was insanity at the museum.