
Ryan and I have been wanting to actually CUT down a Christmas tree every year since we've had kids. The first year, Kyler had just had his surgery so we weren't about to brave the cold weather. The second year, Kyler was still causing me stress and worry so I still didn't want to brave the cold. The third year, little Strider was only 1 1/2 months old and I wasn't about to brave the cold weather. This year, we actually did BRAVE the COLD weather. It was freezing but SO fun. We loved it. We went to the tree farm, wandered about until we found the PERFECT tree and then we each took turns cutting it down. We hauled it back and were off. It was so fun. Having my mom and Hayes here made it even more fun because they got to see the boys decorate and having a good time with the tree. I like it when family gets to share in these experiences with us. Mine and Ryan's family has never been out for Christmas so it was a good time.

Kyler and Grandma cuddling to keep warm.

Hayes taking his turn.

Taegen boy.

Kyler boy.

The proud father with the tree in tow.

Kyler got a bit distracted while we were decorating the tree. He had a great time with the ornament holders though.

Strider putting up his first ornament.

Taegen really loved decorating the tree. He's getting old enough to really actually enjoy these types of things. There is one branch with about 5 ornaments in a 1 millimeter area. That is Taeg's branch.

Strider got all into it too. He loved to pull everything out of the box.

The finished product.
FYI - That was the last of the pics from my mom and Hayes' visit. Darn. So I will probably NOT be updating on a 3 posts a day schedule anymore. Please stay tuned for "back to the normal grind" info.
5 comments:
OK, I'll bite... What's your new tradition?
I love the Christmas tree it turned out wonderful. Hope you all have a great Christmas!!! We love you
Thanks for having us!! We had a great time. I love being in your home, and being with the boys and the girl!! And by the way for all of you who read the overwhelmed blog, we did wash the kitchen walls, got rid of all the stacks of paper, mopped floors, cleaned bathrooms and fridges, colored hair, and even spent some one on one time shopping!! So Krista should be good for at least a week!! ANd it was all MY PLEASURE!!! Love you!
This is a fabulous post. :) I love the family picture at the end. SO FUN!
wow well I will never ever come out and visit again. We did nothing fun while I was there like bowling, eating, going to cave, going to cut a tree. Man that really made me deppressed and mad I will never come out there again.
Post a Comment