Friday, April 16, 2010

Busy Season

Ryan and I refer to Ryan's busy season as just that...busy season. It's not tax season because he doesn't do tax. Everybody thinks that come April 15th, Ryan is done being busy. Unfortunately, I know differently. Can I just say that I HATE busy season. They have a big deadline March 31st so supposedly an auditors busy season lasts from January 2 until March 31st. But...then there is another deadline at the end of April. So for the first week and a half of April we are "teased" with Ryan being home for dinner. Then...it's back to "normal" crazy hours. Wednesday night Ryan got home at 4:30 in the morning. Seriously, 4:30 in the freaking morning. I don't understand how companies can make their employees work like that. He had to leave Thursday morning at 7:00 for another days work. Right now I HATE busy season. I HATE E&Y. I HATE all those "other" accountants that are now off celebrating April 15th. Poop on you all.

That's all, I feel better now -- at least until dinner time when I am once again...feeding, bathing and putting the boys to bed all alone, which brings me to another blah. Tonight is a camp out for Young Mens and since Ryan's the president he should at least make an appearance. So if he goes to the whole camp out he will be home Saturday at noon. Then he has to work. Then on Sunday he has church meetings before and sometimes after church. Seriously...

3 comments:

BECKY said...

:( :( :( Okay this whole time I thought he did tax. My husband is going into audit so now it gives me no hope. :( Hugs. Huge hugs.

Jen said...

Well, this year I can definitely commiserate with you. Brad's been staying late at work most days late. The days he gets off earlier, he either goes straight to class or comes home for fifteen minutes before church meetings. 4:30 a.m. is crazy, though. I often see Brad by 9:30, but then he has to study for class. He studies most of Saturday too. Sunday he has meetings, but we get to eat dinner together at least.
Brad's "busy season" is half the year. He won't be dont until almost July (lame).
Anyway, at least we aren't really single moms who have to support ourselves financially too. Good luck while the crazy business continues.

Shalise said...

That truly is a bummer. I guess I can't complain that my husband is around too much then-cause the second I do he'll be as busy as Ryan and I'll be wishing we were unemployed again-new reason to enjoy unemployment!!