Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crap hole of a day.

So today was one of those days. Actually, it didn't start being "one of those days" until about 2:00. Kyler and I had gone to Riley hospital for an ENT visit with a doctor about a Baha. A Baha is a bone conduction hearing aid. We think it would be the best option for Kyler since he can't hear out of his right ear. Three different audiologists, independent of each other, said it was the best thing for him. Today was our Baha consult with a ENT. He didn't answer my questions. He didn't really help me feel better. He didn't check Kyler out like I thought he was going to. He told me a great plan that doesn't work because we can't get the loner Baha because the audiologist won't call me back. Argh. Seriously, the Baha thing is a whole other post but needless to say, I left feeling very frustrated. So, the appt didn't go, shall we say, great. I left frustrated and I was crying before I got to my car. Then I went to get some bread at the Wonderbread Hostess store. I was crying to Ryan when I got there and then hung up to go inside. Kyler and I got some bread and buns and left. Tried to get in the car and had locked my keys in the car. Called Ryan to come get us so we could go home to get the spare key. It was cold out so Kyler and I froze and would go back inside the store to warm up. Ryan came to pick us up. Kyler had to sit in the back without a car seat. We got to the babysitters to get Strider and Taegen (2 hours late) and they too had to sit in the back without car seats. We get home and realize that the spare key to the van was...inside the diaper bag that was inside the van. So annoying. Our nice neighbor watched the boys while Ryan and I went back to the van, paid a locksmith to get the keys out. He was there within 10 minutes so had I just called him when I first locked them in it would have been much easier but no. Anyways, now I'm home. Boys are in bed. Survivors over. Ryan is working because he had to leave work early to get me. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Janene said...

That does sound like a crappy day. So sorry!

Randi A. said...

What a rotten day!! Maybe it means you are in the clear for a while before the next crappy day! I'm sorry.