Friday, July 23, 2010
My new life.
If you recall reading my previous fish story (killing the fish). You will remember that I am no fisher lady. But, since my brother Hayes is here for the majority of the summer and we have a small lake by our house and all the other kiddos on the court go fishing...we have become fisher people. I say we very loosely. I sit and watch. Kyler and Strider throw rocks and everybody gets mad at them for scaring the fish. Then I tell them to stop. They don't. I make them stop. They cry. Me, Kyler and Strider leave. So, I should say that Taegen and Hayes are fishermen.

Taegen LOVES it. Hayes LOVES it. I bought them each a fishing pole and they have gone fishing a lot. I bought Taeg's a little pole and it didn't work. So I returned it and got a different one. Worked for an hour (Taegen caught two fish). Pole broke. Took it back. Went to a different store and got another little pole. Got home, pole doesn't work. End of story. Where in the crap do you find a little kid fishing pole that actually works?


When we got the one that worked for an hour Taegen loved it. He learned how to cast it and he really did catch two fish. I was outside (not at the lake) and all the kids started yelling to me that Taegen caught a fish. I ran over and told him to hold it up and he said "no, that's gross." So, I took a quick picture of the fish and gave Taegen a high five and then we threw it back in. (without killing it even though the hook was stuck) See, I'm learning.

Hayes also has caught quite a few fish. He has a knack for fishing which is a little odd because he is a mover. He is always moving, jumping, rolling, riding, etc. so for him to actually sit with a fishing pole for a few hours at a time is a HUGE feat but he does and he loves it. It's been really fun to have Hayes here. It's also nice that he can be the one teaching Taegen how to fish and how to worm his hook and stuff because that way, I don't have too. That's what I'm all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment