Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gage's...

The relationship between Kyler and his grandpa HAD to have it's own post. Kyler always attaches himself to somebody when they come. Usually it's a male. Let me just say that he has never been quite as attached as he is to his grandpa. When he was in the hospital I told him that grandpa and grandma were coming and all he kept asking for was his grandpa. When he finally got their NOBODY else could hold Kyler except grandpa. This continued for the rest of Gage's trip. Literally, Kyler couldn't have anybody help him get his coat on EXCEPT grandpa. He would only let grandpa take him to the bathroom. Grandpa was the only one who could cut his food. If Kyler wanted a drink, grandpa had to get it for him. When Kyler got hurt or was sore from his surgery - he would go to grandpa. Made me feel like poop because aren't kids suppose to want their mama when they are needing some cuddles. Not Kyler. We went to the zoo and were there for 4 hours. Kyler would NOT sit in the stroller and would NOT walk. Who had to carry Kyler the ENTIRE day?  Grandpa. I tried to carry him a few times and he would not have it. Grandpa had to be the one to buckle him in his carseat. He had to be the one to lay with him at night. Grandpa had to give him his medicine or he wouldn't take it. Grandpa had to do EVERYTHING. Literally, EVERYTHING. I know that Kyler adores his grandpa but I also think it's no secret that his grandpa adores him too.


 




It was so nice to have Gage's here for a whole week. I had asked them to come help with Kyler and the boys after Kyler's surgery. They told me that it would be a pretty rough 6 - 7 day recovery and then again it would be hard around day 10. Kyler is a pretty needy sick kid...like he just wants to be held so I asked them to come help me out. Gratefully, they were able to come. Luckily Kyler did really well. He definitely had to have his medicine every 4 hours or he would start hurting but we were able to do some fun things with the grandparents. I have to say it was my most favorite visit with the in-laws. I'll admit, we have had our times as "in-laws" but this trip was so nice. They were here for a whole week and we didn't have anything on the agenda. We got to hang out and actually enjoy each others company without millions of people around. It really made me grateful to have the in-laws that I have. They are great and I totally love them because of them..not because I have too because their my husbands parents. So, thank you a million times over Gage's for coming. I appreciate it more than you know. Maybe, one of the boys will have to have a surgery every six months or so so you can come visit like this again. :):)

1 comment:

The Witt Family said...

I LOVE that last picture of Scott and Kyler together. So precious!! Yes, Scott said he was pooped from all the walking and holding he did on your trip, but I know he ADORES that little boy and he certainly is a Wonderful grandpa. Your boys are LUCKY to have him!!!!! This post made me get a little teary-eyed. THanks alot! Also, great pic of Scott and Shirley!