
Kyler is my hero. Seriously. His little body has been through SO much. I don't think anybody gets that quite as much as I get that...but then again, I am his mom. Everytime he has to have a surgery or shots or anything I hate it. It hasn't gotten easier. I will say though that when I saw him for the first time after his heart surgery that was by far the worst. He didn't even look like my little boy. So, on October 15th Kyler got to have surgery again. He got his tonsils and adenoids out. Hopefully this will help with his moderate/severe sleep apnea. His tonsils were huge but his adenoids were ginormous. Apparently, they were so big that they went into his nasal cavity. I don't know what adenoids are but apparently, that's big. Because of Kyler's medical history and his previous heart surgery he had to spend the night in ICU at Riley hospital. It was 4 years ago October 24th that he had his heart surgery at Riley. Only then, he had to be in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. I would much rather take the 1 night. It was awesome having the "healthy" child in the ICU. The nurses left us alone as much as possible. So, let's rewind.
Kyler's surgery wasn't scheduled until 12:00. Great except that he couldn't eat anything past midnight and couldn't have anything but clear liquids until 9:00 am and then NOTHING. That's hard for a 4 year old. So, in order to make the no eating thing easier...we all ate only popsicles for breakfast. All the boys that I was the greatest mom ever. Me and Kyler got to the hospital at 10:30 like we were suppose to. Then they got him all ready to go and then we waited. At noon, Ryan surprised us by coming to see us at the hospital. He was hoping to be there when Kyler was finished. They came and gave Kyler goofy juice at 12:15 in order to make him not freak out as much when he leaves us. In the past they have given it to him too but then usually come and get him within 10 minutes so we don't get to see the full effects of it. Not this time, they didn't come for 45 more minutes and watching him was hilarious. He was so loopy. He couldn't hold his head up. He would stare at his wrist band and giggle. He couldn't stand up or pretty much control any part of his body. Ryan had to hold him up or he would have toppled onto his lap. It was so cute to watch him. (is that wrong to say since it was prior to his surgery).Finally at 1:00 they came and took him back for his surgery. Ryan went back to work. I waited. 1:50 he was done. They told me it would be an hour or so before I could go see him - then 2 minutes later they came and got me because my baby kept crying and saying "mama, mama" over and over so they let me come into the recovery area and hold him. He was still pretty sore and tired. He absolutely HATES an IV. He has always hated having an IV. Not that that's abnormal or anything but he just wants to pull it out.



Me and Kyler got comfy in the ICU room and then it was time for daddy to come. Ryan came and stayed most the evening. His parents flew in (again) to help with Kyler having his surgery for a week. Ryan left late to get his parents and then me and Ky guy stayed at the hospital overnight. He did great. He slept most the night. He took his medicine. He threw up twice when he tried to eat (that wasn't great). In the morning the drs came in and said that Kyler was looking great but they wanted him to hold down some fluids or food before they would discharge him. Really???? He was miserable in the hospital. We couldn't hardly move because of his IV's and cords and what not. Finally around 11 the drs said that they think he would eat better at home and so they discharged us. Ryan, Taegen, Strider, Shirley and Scott came to visit us at the hospital. After they discharged us Kyler said he was hungry so we went down to the hospital cafeteria. He at 3 things of scrambled eggs, chicken nuggets, french fries and a sprite AND kept it down. That's my boy. My little trooper.

 |
| This is what Kyler got to look at for hours while in the hopsital. Isn't he a lucky little boy? |
 |
| Sleep away sweet baby, sleep away. |
 |
| Grandpa...more to come on this relationship later. |
 |
| If anybody knows Scott....you know he ALWAYS has gas. Always. He is always asking my boys' or anybody for that matter to pull his finger. Not my favorite. Anyways, this statue was at Riley hospital so I had to get a picture of Scott by the pull-my-finger statue. Classic. |
2 comments:
You are super woman!! I hope little Kyler can finally get some good rest and feel healthy and that no more surgeries are to follow anytime soon!! He is such a cute little boy and you can tell he has a wonderful spirit to him.
I love that he wanted mama when he came out of surgery. I kinda wish you would have gotten it on video when he was acting hilarious! Loved the tidbit about Scott. Hilarious!
Post a Comment