Friday, January 14, 2011

IMA finally

 My mom and Hayes came out the day after Christmas. My mom CANNOT go more than a few months without seeing her grandbabies and I love it.  She is coming in February but early December she was going through Taegen/Kyler/Strider/Krista/Ryan withdrawals so we found her a flight and she came for a visit. When they got here there was a lot of snow on the ground.  Mid-visit we had a few nicer days. One of those nicer days (like 60 degree weather in December) we decided to go to the Indiana Museum of Art.  We had never been there before and I am definitely wondering why the crap I haven't taken the boys before.  It was GREAT.  Get ready for picture overload.

 Seriously, I have some might fine looking gentleman that live in my house.
 Kyler was walking and walked right through a 6" puddle of mud/water. His pants got soaked and one of his shoes stuck in the mud. So...we improvised and he wore my socks for shoes the rest of the day.
 I LOVE this picture of Strider. His smile is contagious.
 Mama, daughter and Ky-guy.
 They have a basketball court with these things going all through the court. Needless to say, we played. What other 80 year old grandma will hang from poles like this. :)
 We wanted to be like Spiderman and kiss upside down. Awwwww...so romantic.

 The King of the Court....Hayes

 Everybody I know has gotten their pictures taken by these numbers. I didn't know where they were but...we found them. Since Taegen and Kyler are 4 they got their pic inside the 4. We're smart like that.
 Strider boo.
 Me and Ryan inside the 29.
 Grandma and Strides
 We had a great game of hide-n-seek inside the numbers. It wasn't until we had played for like 20 minutes that we saw the sign that says "Please do NOT climb on structure."  That ended our game...but we were purely innocent because we didn't know you weren't suppose to climb on them.


The love pics don't need captions...you can just feel the love radiating.

That was our IMA experience in a nutshell and yes...I am totally going back. LOVED it!!!

3 comments:

BECKY said...

those pics are soooooooooooooooooo fun!!!

Janene said...

I've heard the children's museum in Indianapolis is amazing too! I wish we lived close to something cool like that!

Adri said...

We always go once in the spring and once in the fall. The gardens are really pretty then. Also - the IMA is free now. Most of it's boring for kids - but they do have a little kids area where there's usually something artsy for them to do.