This weekend has been like one big melt-down. The thing that is funny about that is Ryan and I had a date on Friday night - during our date he asked how I am doing since he is NEVER home. I told him that I was actually surprised at how well I was doing and that I was doing good. That was before Saturday. Saturday was one of those days where I yelled a TON. I took a break in my room and cried it out for awhile. When I thought I felt better I came out. Within minutes I was yelling again. When Ryan finally did get home from work - I left. The first time he has been home all week and I leave. I was in one of those moods where I just wanted to run a stop-sign or do something I'm not suppose to do just to prove that I can. I went to a movie and sat there by myself and it was fabulous. I thought I would bring home DQ for everybody. I did. It caused fights over who wants what and blah blah blah. I started yelling again. Finally boys were in bed and me, Ryan and Hayes watched a movie and went to bed. Woke up today and Ryan had a meeting so he was gone AGAIN. Getting the boys ready for church was a disaster for some reason. During church they were loud and annoying. I took Strider out simply because I didn't want to be there.
That's all. The thing that bugs me most is that the boys haven't even been that bad. It is totally me and my weirdness that is letting them drive me crazy. Hayes actually helps more when he can hear me crying in my room. He picks up and tries to play extra with the boys so I don't have to. Maybe I should cry extra loud all the time and then Hayes will just do it all. :) It also might be the fact that Ryan is working a ton. He is stressed. I am stressed. I hate Ernst and Young and apparently everybody that works there hates it too. I hope Ryan gets another job sooner rather than later. And when I mean sooner, I mean like next week. Wishful thinking I guess. Ok. I feel better now. Actually I felt better earlier today when I made home-made oreos...something about those that just makes me smile and the fact that I got to make them with my hubby. That was good.
4 comments:
I have been meaning to thank you for getting my dad out here. We had such a great time-I don't think I've ever had him to myself like that before and it was soo fun!
So you get stressed and yell-I just fall asleep and let the house look like a tornado. Sorry might not work with 4 boys-you'd probably wake up to a tornado.
isn't it weird how you say you're good and then something terrible happens right after?
and i feel the same way... i am the root of my own problems.
many hugs to you. and eat a zillion of those oreos. you deserve it.
Hey, you should have called me. I had a meltdown on Saturday, too. Dale told me he would take care of everything at home and I could just go and do whatever I wanted - problem was I couldn't think of anything! Sad, huh? I feel better now, too. Sometimes you just need one of those days...
I love love love how honest you are on your blog. I really enjoy reading it. Maybe because I can sort of relate? I think you do all of us a favor by letting us hear about your meltdowns (not that it makes it any more fun.) Keep up the good work. You will make it!
Post a Comment