This winter we had some CRAZY AWESOME ice storms. Really I had never seen it like this before. It was CRAZY AWESOME, as mentioned previously. The driveway was like a 6 inches of pure ice. Literally. Our yard was an ice skating rink. Hayes swept off the 1/2 inch layer of snow to reveal the ice underneath and we all skated around. They would run and slide and literally slide like 20 + feet. It was pretty cool. The little snow hill we usually sled on was great for the kids. Usually when we sled down it you make it down the hill plus maybe twenty feet. When your done you have to walk about 100 yards across the grass to the road. When it was icy, kids had to fall off their sled so they wouldn't go onto the road. I'm trying to get you to understand just how icy and cool it was. I fear that I am failing miserably but whatever.
When we finally decided to tackle the driveway it was a mess. We used shovels and hammers to chisel away the ice. One hammer broke and after about 2 hours we had only cleared a 2x2 square.
Strider got cold so he and I went inside to play a game while the other boys continued chipping away at the ice. I found it ironic that Strider wanted to play "Don't Break the Ice". That's all.
A few days after the ice storm we got a huge snow storm. Hayes made a snow cave in our backyard and the boys loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment