Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Proud mama



At school every two weeks their is a community assembly.  At each assembly each teacher picks two kids from their class for a reward.  Taegen has gotten three rewards. Three.  That is awesome. He got one in December. One in January. One in February.  I think that is pretty darn cool. His first award was for "Peacefulness & Tolerance". Taegen fits this perfect.

The description on the award says:
You- are calm inside; use words to solve conflicts; accept others as they are; speak up for yourself and others even when it is scary; are tolerant.  This makes you a peacemaker.

I think these things describe Taegen to a T.  He accept others as they are.  I think he has learned this from Kyler.  He adores Kyler. He is Kyler's hero.  When Kyler gets hurt, he wants Taegen. Not his mama, Taegen. Taegen gives him a huge hug and then Kyler is okay.  Taegen really is an exceptional brother.

The second award for "Safety, Self-Control and Patience".
"You take care of yourself and others by thinking before you act.  You can wait for others and for rewards to come later.  This is called being able to delay gratification. These are part of being a successful and content person." 

What great qualities.  I truly believe and hope with everything that Taegen is and continues to be a "content person" because he totally deserves to be.



The third award both Taegen and Kyler received from their teachers.  It is for "Perseverance and Excellence".  It says "You work toward your goals in a persistent, never-give-up manner.  You are careful and do your best.  Perseverance + Excellence = Champion!"
This is perfect for both of my boys. I cannot think of a more fitting award than this for Kyler.  Awhile ago Ryan and I were talking and Ryan said that Kyler is the most persistent/dedicated person he knows.  I asked him why and he said Kyler will shoot a ball 100 times. The ball will go in once out of those 100 times. He will be THRILLED and so excited and yell "Made it" when he makes it BUT and here's the Kyler that we love...he will keep shooting and not get angry or frustrated or mad that he doesn't make it 99 times. He is just thrilled that one time he did make it. This describes his life perfectly. He has to try harder than most of us to do most things but he continues to try. He tries and tries until he gets it.  Walking was hard for him. He did it. It took him 3 years to learn to pedal a bike. He practices a lot. I mean A LOT. Now he rides a bike like a pro (with training wheels of course).  His life is defined by persistence and dedication. He is an amazing little boy.

I could not be more proud of my two oldest boys! Love them and their amazing examples to me and to those at school.

1 comment:

BECKY said...

rockin' kids.
rockin' parents.