Alright, so a
few FIRSTS happened this week. Today, March 14th Cozette rolled over
for the first time. Me and the boys were
sitting on the floor and Kyler was reading us his school book and Cozette was
all of a sudden on her stomach. I asked Strider if he rolled her over and he
said no. So I rolled her back over and she rolled right on over again. She did
it a few times. We called Ryan and told him so when he came home for dinner he
laid on the floor with Cozy but she would not perform. Sorry daddy.
Another first
was….I lost my first kid. It was
horrible. Me, Kyler, Cozette and
RoseAnne (Ryan’s aunt) went to Missoula on Monday for Kyler’s annual cardiology
visit. Which, by the way, was excellent. We don’t have to go back for two years
now…no more annual checkup. Yeah! Back to the story… So we went to Target after
the appointment. We were looking at baby stuff. RoseAnne said where is Kyler. I
looked around and usually he is close by but he wasn’t. I looked in the baby
section. Then the toy section and back in the baby section all while yelling
Kyler’s name. RoseAnne stayed with the cart and Cozette where we last were with
Kyler. I started to get nervous. I went
to the front of the store and told a worker that I lost my kid. I told her what
he was wearing and she called in a “code yellow” or “code two” or something. I
don’t remember the code. All of a sudden
tons of target workers started looking. All workers on break and everything
came out of the break room and began searching the store. Someone stood at the
front doors and made sure no one left with Kyler or Kyler left. Each person
checked in certain sections. I was way impressed but…still no Kyler. I went out to the car to see if he went out
there. I called Ryan on my way to the car (at 12:33) and was bawling and told
him that I lost Kyler. I came back
inside. FINALLY…after FOREVER. They found Kyler. He was hiding. He had crawled
behind the play pen boxes in the corner.
He was within five feet of RoseAnne the whole time. He had no idea the
panic and anxiety that he caused. I am
so glad they found him. I called Ryan
back right when they found him and it was 12:48. So he was missing probably twenty five
minutes because he had been missing for awhile before I called Ryan the first
time. I was a mess. RoseAnne witnessed my messiness. Holy crap –scared the bejeezies and/or poop out
of me. I must say though…I was way impressed with how Target handled it. They
had everyone looking and everyone knew exactly what to do. If I am going to
lose my kid again, I hope it’s at a Target.
3 comments:
Oh gosh. You poor mother. That is a loooooooong time.
kids grown up so fast and so glad that you found Kyler!! Just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my food blog. I love hearing back if people like a recipe or not!!I am so glad you like the soup and yes it does make a ton. My family loves leftovers so we don't have to eat sandwiches everyday for lunch!!
Update your blog woman.
christy
Post a Comment