So I took the boys to Utah for two weeks while Ryan had a training for work. It was a riot. We got there just in time for the Wasatch 100 mile run. My super studly brother attempted to complete the race for the second time but was unable to. He had been sick for the entire week before the race with strep throat and a sinus infection and so he had to drop at mile 53. Bummer!
We had so much fun. We got to see all the old friends and play with my family. Taegen has a new best friend, Dusty. Taegen just loved that dog to death. Dusty was not to fond of Taegen but he sure didn't care. We played with Grandma Stapp a lot. We went shopping and my mom accuses me of always making her spend all her money (not on me...just when I'm there). She has become so cavalier with her spending habits. J/K! We also played with Grandpa Stapp and the boys loved to roll around on the trampoline with him. Kyler absolutely loves his grandpa. Speaking of my dad....
the day we left town my padre fell off of a ladder about 20' and he broke his femur bone in 15 different places. Everyone at the hospital said it was the worst break they have ever seen. They put a freakin' long screw and pin in to hold him together. He was in Wyoming when he fell so on Monday they transported him via ambulance the three hour drive to Utah. He is now in a rehab facility but is not doing to well. He is in extreme pain and is making small progress. I think this is the first time that I have been homesick for home. I feel like I should be there with my family to help them...but on the other hand...I have my own family to take care of. I have offered to come back to Utah...so I suppose if they need me they will let me know. So...that is the struggle that is going on with my family right now.
Other than the fall (which in all actuality happened when I was en route back home) the trip was a blast. It is so fun to hang out with my family and see the boys interact with them all. The only thing that would have made it better was if my sweetie poo could have come...oh well, better luck next time!