Friday, December 7, 2007

Fun Christmas Questions

I saw this on another blog and I thought it was a fun little Christmas question thingamaggiger...so here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Totally wrapping paper...or shall I say newspaper. (that is typically what I use because I rarely have wrapping paper).

2. Real or Fake Tree? REAL!!! Fake trees bug me and I vow to never own a fake tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the Monday after Thanksgiving we go and get the tree and then put it up. However, this year we do not have a tree and we are not getting a tree because we will be in (refer to question 18)

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after Christmas...duh!

5. Do you like eggnog? Ew, gross. I don't like it at all.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have to say that the most memorable was a doll that ate and pooped. Now the reason this is the most memorable is because I still hear about it to this day. Why, you ask...because my parents still won't let me live this one down because I was 12 when I asked for it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have two. One that Ryan bought me with his first (and only) Christmas bonus. It is a Willow Tree Nativity and I love it. The other is one that my mom brought me back from Kenya that was carved of wood.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Parents (mine and Ryan's). I take that back. My mom always has a good list for us kids but my dad and Ryan's parents are difficult.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Ryan is pretty easy because I could buy him anything and he would love it. Taegen and Kyler are easy too because they don't care.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? I honestly can't think of one but my brother got coal once and it was hilarious because he got so mad until he realized it was a joke.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!! Email is so impersonal and cheap. I want a card that I get to open and stick on my Christmas card board.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I like the cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually July or August or September or October or November or sometimes December. It just depends.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think a Christmas present has ever been recycled by me...wedding (now that's different)

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love having all the snacky thingy's that people give to each other (puppy chow - yum yum). That's all.

16. Colored or clear lights on the tree? Colored. Clear is way to fancy pants for me.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Good question. I don't really know. I love to listen to Manheim Steamrollers but I haven't listened to them in a couple of years so maybe I really don't like them.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, last year we stayed home in Indiana with just us. This year we are going to HAWAII - yeah!!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dancer, Dasher, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Vixen and Rudolph. If that's all of them then I know them but if not, then I don't.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like both - I don't remember what we have.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. (Except last year. Ryan and I opened our presents early because we were adults and we could. )

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? January 2nd when all the hoopla is over and Ryan starts busy season.

23. What do you enjoy most about Christmas? Being with family, presents, caroling, chilling.

24. What do you want for Christmas? pajama t-shirt, face cleaner, date with my hubby, griddle, clothes, shoes, you know...typical things.

25. When you think of Christmas, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Hiking to the Star with my family and reading the Christmas Story and then sledding down the mountain - great family tradition growing up!

There you go. That is what I like about Christmas, now aren't you glad you know all these things about me!

3 comments:

TeamDall said...

Very cool Krista. So, I'm glad you put Donder because Jeremy and I have been arguing all season about the spelling of that particular reindeer's name. Also, very cool about Hawaii and I am jealous of your Christmas tradition of hiking to the start and sledding down--but not jealous enough to haul my kids up there, I guess:) I'm lame.

Melissa said...

Great list. We are real tree people too. If we have an income.

Romney Family said...

loved reading your answers and learning more about ya. How fun to go to Hawaii. I am jealous.