Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Another First - cops and all!!

Well, we had another first today. Me and Kyler were sitting all nice and quietly on the kitchen floor hanging out. Ryan was chillin' on the couch and Taegen was playing with the phone. I hear the phone calling someone so I hurriedly hang it up. No less than 2 minutes later the phone rings and the lady says "Hello, is this Krista? This is 911 calling. We received a call from this number and they hung up and we need to know if everything is okay." I tell the nice lady that everything is fabulous and that my toddler must have called the number accidentally. Everything fixed and good to go!!! WRONG!! Ten minutes later a knock comes on the door. Ryan answers the door and it is the police coming to see if everything is okay. We again tell them that we are fine and that Taegen must have called accidentally. He said that even though they called me back and I told them that it was an accidental call - they still have to come and check. Whoa - who knew? So...it's nice to know that the cops are so great at checking up on the Gage's. We better stay out of trouble for awhile because now they know where we live.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is exactly what happened to us a couple of weeks ago. My mom, who was visiting, was watching the kids, when she received the first call from 911. Ten minutes later a policeman and detective show up on the doorstep. My mom tried to explain that all was well even though she was still in her bathrobe and Anya was covered in tooth paste, which happened while she was cleaning up the water Anya had spilled while on the phone with 911. She was a little flustered by the time I got back! Life is never dull! - Heather

Romney Family said...

How Funny!! Gotta love the kids playing with the phone and phoning the cops. Oh and thanks for commenting back on my blog. I cannot believe that Nate was your best friend. that is so crazy. What a way small world. Love looking at your blog. I will check back often.