Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ryan's Good Ole' Intrepid

Yesterday was a good day. It started out with Ryan taking his final section of the CPA exam. Let's hope that he passed! Everybody keep their fingers and toes crossed for another month in hopes that he passes. If he passes then he is done, if he doesn't pass then I (and he) will be so ticked.

Then we thought that since me or the boys have not seen Ryan since the previous Sunday (thanks to busy season) we would go out on the town. Or to a preschool fair. So we got in the van and I backed out and heard a crunch. CRAP - I hit Ryan's car. It wasn't just a bumper to bumper hit. No, it was a slide down the side and knock off the driver side mirror bump while scratching both the van and the car. I'm so freakin' dumb. So later in the day I went and bought some duct tape and some super duper automotive glue. When Ryan went to pull the car into the garage to fix it...the door wouldn't open. Apparently, I squished the front panel thing into the door panel and so it wouldn't budge. Finally, my super strong buff hubby yanked super hard on the door and it opened with a LOUD pop. I'm so dumb!

Anyways, so Ryan sat in the freezing garage trying to glue the mirror on and the super strong automotive glue did absolutely NOTHING. What a waste of money, but no worries because the ever trusty DUCT tape did the job. Yeah!! And to be quite honest. It doesn't look all that obvious or bad! And my amazing husband also popped out the panel things so now it barely pops at all. It's like I married a mechanic. WOW!!(Amanda - if you are reading this you will have to tell Adam that Duct tape worked again.:)) Once again...SORRY RYAN!

trying to use the dumb glue to no avail....

One side note: Ryan LOVES his car (or at least he used to). To make my point let me just explain that Ryan got his car as a graduation present (spoiled, I know :). Anyways, It wasn't until he let me drive his car that I knew this relationship was heading somewhere. That was the day that I realized maybe, just maybe, he really did like me. And now, his true love (me) has dented his other true love (car) and here's the best part... He wasn't even mad at me (at least not to my face)! Boy, I am one LUCKY girl! What a guy!!

5 comments:

Heathelyn said...

Poor Ryan!! But you married a good guy.

BECKY said...

Oh man! I hate it when I do dumb things! Woot for a great hubby though! And the picture of Kyler with the baby is HILARIOUS! And the pic of Strider smiling is too perfect. You have four adorable boys, that's all there is to it. And they have one adorable girl--you. :)

Amanda said...

As I was reading the part about the duct tape I was silently thinking I couldn't wait to tell Adam this story. You make me laugh really hard, and from here on out I will always think of you when I see duct tape.

Anonymous said...

Just fyi, I did the same thing to my car while backing out, and then fixed it with duct tape and it held for 4.5 months! I just had to drive with the window slightly open in cold weather. But...surprise, my car wouldn't pass inspection with my driver side mirror duct taped to the car. Can you believe that? So I had to pay the $70 to get a new one and learn to put it back on myself (that probably saved $60 right there). Good luck - shawnee

Kasi said...

Kevin told me if I ever hit his car, he won't be as nice as Ryan was.