Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ghetto - fabulous

Our neighbors had some extra ticket to the Speedrome. It is a ghetto-fabulous race track that does figure 8 races. (that's when the cars go in a figure 8- duh). It was like a 45 minute drive. We got there. I left the ticket at home. Ugh! I asked a guy standing there if they had any extra tickets. He called his dad to see if he had any extra tickets. Somebody else overheard their conversation and came over and gave us tickets. For free. There are nice ghetto people. I love it.

Really though. It was awesome. I love things like this. In Rexburg, they have a super tiny rodeo that is AWESOME. This was a close comparison to that. The seats were just bleacher seats. We sat in the family - non-alcohol, non-smoking - section. Not that the super rude old lady in front of us adhered to the rules. (I'm not bitter.) But really, I don't care if people smoke. If it was just Ryan and I, I might have smoked too. :0. But when my kids are there, I really don't like it. I was so excited that as soon as we got there I wanted to take pics. My camera battery was dead. This is the thing. Because I can't see the screen on my camera, I have zero idea that the battery is even low until it's dead. So...to your dismay and mine. No pictures of the great races.

Kyler HATES loud noises. Even semi-loud noises bother him. Which is weird considering he can't even hear out of one of his ears. At any rate, I had to plug his ear the whole night. They had these little kid races first and they were so cute. I can totally picture them looking just like this. Is it sad that I totally wish Taegen had a mullet still? We did see a couple kids with Mohawks. Lots of hicks. It really was great. Maybe I should be worried that I enjoy these functions so much. So, to our great neighbors thanks for the tickets. To the guy who actually gave us tickets..thanks even more. It was great. Next time, I'm going to wear a halter top with my gut hanging out and high heeled sneakers.

1 comment:

Gma said...

You are a strange one!!!