Monday, September 7, 2009

Mary Jane...anyone???

So this is what happens when you try to watch the Cougar's play football.

Scene - Ryan driving down the road. Cop pulls up behind. Pulls over Ryan.
Awkward moment #1: Ryan opening the door instead of rolling the window down as the cop approached the car. (awkward because the window doesn't roll down :()
Cop: "Where are you headed tonight?"
Ryan: "To a buddies house to watch the BYU game."
Cop: "Did you know you have a license plate light out?"
Ryan: "No, officer, I had no idea."
Cop: "I'm going to need your license, registration and proof of insurance please."
Ryan: While searching through a messy glove box looking for registration and insurance Ryan says "hmmm. I do not have my license on me."
Cop: "Registration and insurance?"
By then Ryan had found the aforementioned items and handed them to the cop.
Cop: "And your license?"
Ryan: "I do not have my license on me."
Cop: "I've been doing this for a long time and am part of the Sheriff's drug team. Have you been smoking marijuana tonight?"
Ryan: "No"
Cop: "Has anybody else driven your car today?"
Ryan: "My wife - to the gym this morning at 7" (for a killer 90 minute spin session that makes her bootie look oh so fabulous)
Cop: "Can you look at me please?" as he shines the flashlight in his eyes.
Cop: "There is a faint, distinct smell of marijuana coming from your car. Could you close your eyes and face your head towards me?" Shining his light in his eyes again.
Ryan: "Is there really a marijuana smell coming out of my car?"
Cop: "There are many things that could cause these smells but marijuana is very distinct. What would happen if I brought my canine up here?"
Ryan: "I don't know what would happen. But I've owned the car for 10 years and I have never smoked marijuana or cigarettes in my life."
Cop: "Okay, let me run your information and I'll get you out of here."
Cop walks back to his car and runs the information. He returns to Ryan's car.
Cop: "I'm not going to give you a ticket for a broken license plate light. But at this point I could give you $500 worth of tickets. No drivers license. Registration not signed. And a broken light. Get them fixed as soon as you can."
Ryan: "Thank you officer. It's been a pleasure working with you this evening."

2 comments:

Gma said...

I think Ryan may have a habit on the side!!

BECKY said...

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Maybe he said, "are you sure it's not spit-up from my three kids you are smelling???" :)