Sunday, December 20, 2009

Chattanooga - Go GRIZZ!!!!

Well, some of you may remember a little trip we took last year to Chattanooga, TN to see Ryan's cousin play in the National Championships. It was disastrous. To refresh your mind, click here http://thegagegauge.blogspot.com/2008/12/hotels-schmotels.html Now, on to this year. This last weekend we took another little trip to Chattanooga, TN to see Ryan's cousin play in the National Championships. This trip was a complete 180 from last years trip. We left Thursday night and drove all the way to Chattanooga, getting there at midnight BUT the boys slept most the way. All day Friday we got to hang out with Ryan's two aunts, Poots and Shelley, his cousins, Cooper and Chad, and his grandparents. Taegen's FIRST bus ride. He has been waiting for this day his WHOLE life. Trolley ride to the aquarium.

We went to the aquarium which was HUGE. We had a bunch of fun with this little exhibit.Ryan and StriderShelley and CoopKyler and TaegenI'm not sure who this is....or what this is?

The boys got to feed the otters. Notice the fish in Strider's hand that he is getting ready to throw.
Taegen and Kyler petting the Sturgeon's. Seriously, this aquarium was nice.
All boys waiting to touch the Sturgeon.
There was a guy playing a banjo in the aquarium and Kyler stayed there for a LONG time. He just danced and danced and would sit and bop his head up and down. I finally had to bribe him to get him to move on to the next exhibit.

After the aquarium, Ryan's aunts seriously bought out the pavilion of ALL t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc. relative to the Montana Grizz. I, on the other hand, napped at the hotel with the boys. Then we ate at a little place called Sticky Fingers and then after a QUICK change....seriously, it was quick. We headed over to the game. It had RAINED all day long, but about 6:30 it stopped. Needless, to say, it started about 5 minutes into the first quarter and didn't end the rest of the evening. Our tickets were with Shelley and Greg in the center of the Grizz cheering section. Nobody sat down. After about 3 minutes into the first quarter we moved. We relocated up to a semi-empty section where we could actually sit down and hold the boys. The game started at 8, past bedtime, so all boys slept most of the game. It was FREEZING. Luckily, I was prepared for the boys to be warm but not Ryan and I. The boys had feetie pajamas with sweats and winter boots on bottom. On top, pajamas with sweatshirt with winter coats with hats and gloves with a garbage bag over the top of it all and a blanket to top it off. I think they were warm and very sleepy. Ready for the game to start. Go GRIZZ!!Our future line backer.In the NEW seats. This pic is taken during the 3rd quarter and all 3 boys were asleep.Take me home mommy. This is after the game ended.Waiting to meet Bob Sanders.

The game ended with the Grizz losing but definitely putting up a good fight. We were all bummed, especially Bob Sanders. Taegen thinks EVERY football player and jersey is Bob Sanders. So when we got to actually meet Ryan's cousin, Jeffrey AKA Bob Sanders after the game...it MADE Taegen's day. We got back to our hotel about 1:30 am and slept until 8. When Taegen woke up he said "I saw Bob Sanders. Bob Sanders hurt his arm."Me, Bob aka Jeff, and Ryan. Go #7.Bob, Strides, Ryan and Taegen (this is around midnight)
Lil' Kyler Joe and Jeffrey.

Then we did the 8 hour drive back home. It might have been a super LONG drive for such a QUICK trip but it was totally worth it. We LOVE being able to spend time with Ryan's family because it doesn't happen that often. Thanks Poots, Shelley, Cooper, Chad, Gma, Gpa, Greg and especially JEFF for making this trip Fabulous!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics. I bet Jeff was so glad you came. what a great game it was, if only they would have won! SO CLOSE!! A HUGE accomplishment either way for sure!! Merry Christmas to you guys!!! Keep up all your hard work on the spin classes etc! You look great and so does Ryan. :)
Amber Newman

Poots said...

It was way fun and thank you guys so much for coming down!!! Love ya!!!

BECKY said...

I bet you WILL have a future linebacker!!! Fun pics!!!

The Witt Family said...

That is hilarious about Bob Sanders.. I was lauqhing hysterically! I wish I could have gone but after seeing the weather was SOO glad that I didn't. Hopefully we can do it again next year. By the way...you guys look smokin' hot!! I need to get the same ambition and lose a few pounds after Weston... but I think I'll wait til after Christmas. Have a great Christmas! We love you all!

Sandee said...

You guys are awesome to make the trip!!