Once again we have been treated to my dad coming out to visit. My dad HAS to have a project or he will go stir-crazy. Last time he came, we had him tile the entire kitchen/laundry room. Needless to say, it was a much bigger project than anticipated. So this trip, we went easy on him and only had THREE projects for him to complete.

Project #1:
Taegen and
Kyler's original bed's are bunk beds BUT,
Kyler doesn't sleep in a twin bed because he wakes up so
freakin' much so we have him in a full bed. He sleeps better in the full bed plus if we do have to lay with him...there is room. So..this meant my dad had to convert
Kyler's bed frame into a full bed frame so that the beds would still bunk but it would be a twin over a full bunk bed. Whoa---did that make sense? Totally.

He also had to adjust the ladder to fit the bed too. Can I just say? LOVE it. I absolutely LOVE the bed.
Taegen and
Kyler love it too. The second night we went in to give them kisses and
Kyler had climbed up on top and fell asleep with
Taegen. So cute... I also LOVE the bunk beds because it means this...can be in their room instead of in my front room. Yeah!!

Project #2: I have been looking for a bench for our kitchen table ever since we re-did it. I found this bench online and thought "
hmmm. That looks easy AND I like it AND my dad's coming SO I will have him build it." I asked and he built it and I LOVE it. It needs it's final coat of finish and it will be in my kitchen. Yeah!!

Project #3: Not one but two rocking horses. Let me introduce you to Kevin & Russell. My mom wanted my dad to build these for the boys for Christmas but shipping them and everything seemed silly so, she had him build them while he was here. He started out with Kevin (red hair). It took him about 2 days to cut out all the wood and sand it and such because...apparently, my husbands tools are CRAP! Who knew?

Then we borrowed a different saw from a neighbor and Russell was created in about 2 hours. Awesome! Kevin and Russell eat carrots and apples (or pretzels if we don't have any apples). Grandpa had to talk with the horses because they weren't eating the food when
Taegen would try to feed them.

He finished these projects with a day left so he was like "alright, Kristy. What else do you want me to do?"
Ryan is still SO proud of his workbench he made so when my dad came out he HAD to show it to him. My dad thought it was awesome but then after working with Ryan's tools he thought Ryan was
FREAKIN' AMAZING for making such a great workbench out of such
poopy tools. I guess I know what I should get Ryan for Valentines, Birthdays, Christmas, Easter and Presidents Day...Tools.
4 comments:
How awesome that your dad just loves to work, work, work!!! He did fabulous on them all!!! I love the names Kevin and Russell... I'm surprised Kevin doesn't eat chocolate! :) How exciting to have finished a few projects! I hope you had so much fun with him! Visitors must be the bomb! And I just re-read this and I used WAY too many exclamation marks. :)
Looks great! I admire people who can do that kind of stuff just by looking at it. A great gift to have! Hope you had fun!!! Did you get the orange bowknot recipe? I can't believe the response I got from that post!!
awesome!
Oh my, I am so jealous!! I tried to get my husband's dad to build a shelf for me, didn't happen I had to buy one and I'm not satisfied. What a great dad you have!!
Post a Comment