Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fabulous Birthday...

I had a great birthday last week and I got super spoiled.

I got this from my great hubby.
My mother-in-law made this and I LOVE it. I have been wanting a quilt for our bed for a long while and boy did the wait pay off....love love love it.
My hubby arranged for the BEST cheesecake maker in the whole world to make me this.

Best of all, I was surprised by these two...

I went to bed Tuesday night like at 9:30 because I was getting up to meet a friend to run 10 miles at 5:30 Wednesday morning. At 11:00, someone got in bed with me. I knew it wasn't Taegen and I knew it wasn't Kyler...when I looked it was Hayes and on the other side was my mom. I was shocked. I seriously had ZERO idea. So, I stayed up with them until 12:30 or so and then still had to get up for my run.

REWIND: Tuesday morning before they came. Ryan's car wouldn't start. We jumped it, went and then died. Couldn't turn. etc. Ryan got a ride with our neighbor to work and I was just going to have to go pick him up right? That would have been fine except that was the night my mom and brother were coming and so it would have ruined the surprise. YEAH for Ryan's super duper co-workers. He had 4 different cars that were offered him to borrow so that the surprise wouldn't be ruined. Not only did Katie let him borrow her car but it was a yellow Jeep Wrangler. Seriously, all growing up all I wanted was a yellow Jeep Wrangler. It would have been great had I actually seen the jeep but I didn't but it did keep a wonderful surprise a secret. Thanks Katie - if ever you want to drive an awesome pimped out mini-van....you let me know.

I can't wait for my birthday next year.

6 comments:

BECKY said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy!!!! SO FUN! So glad it all worked out despite the car troubles! Happy Birthday!

And I'll totally tell Macy hi for you. I got your comment seriously like one hour after I got back from my appointment with her last week, so it'll be a few weeks. :)

And I expect your typical April 1st post tomorrow. :)

Charlotte said...

That was an awesome birthday and you totally deserved it!

Romney Family said...

Happy birthday and what a great suprise and nothing better than cheesecake for your birthday. That is what I always ask for~it is my favorite dessert!!!

Dustin and Selena said...

So after I talked with you I decided that I had better check out your blog and you had a ton of new updates. I am the most lousy friend, I totally did not wish you a happy birthday. But it looks like you had a great time without my birthday wishes anyway. I am jealous, I think that your family comes to see you more often than mine sees me and they are only 4 hours away.

Emily & Kyle said...

What a fabulous surprise that your mom and Hayes showed up! I just love your family...I love your blog too...so many great pictures of you and your cute kids...i cannot believe how big they are getting! Miss you!

Poots said...

Happy totally late birthday. Looks like it was awesome and THANK YOU Ry Guy for getting you a new camera!!!!!!!