Monday, March 22, 2010
Should we convert...???
Indiana has some super great things to offer. Like, churches other than LDS ones on every corner. When Sandee was here she made the comment that there are so many churches here. I don't think there is any more than Utah it's just that it's not an LDS church on every corner. It's a variety of churches all over. I personally LOVE it. Today we took advantage of Messiah Lutheran. They had an Easter egg hunt and boy was it an Easter egg hunt. They had Mr. Incredibly, Pooh, Tigger and the Easter Bunny. Taegen would not get close to any of them. Kyler & Strider would give them five but no closer than that.

The Easter egg hunt consists of areas of grass roped off. One area was for 2 and under, one for 3 & 4 year olds and so on. Then there is TONS of eggs just sitting on the grass and it's a race to pick up all the eggs. Since I was playing solo (Ryan working), Strider was unable to participate in his egg hunt. However, he was content to sit with his complimentary popcorn and watch. Kyler, Taegen and Conner were all geared up to go. When they said go, Taegen was off. I didn't see him until it was over. Kyler ran to get eggs but he kind of lallygagged so he came away with only a few eggs, but he didn't mind.




I love how I am the only one looking at the camera in the pic below. It's like they are all little kids super excited about the Easter eggs or something? I dunno.
After the Easter egg hunt they had bounce houses, cake walks, ring toss, duck pond, etc. They also had a GREAT rock and roll Christian band that was blaring music. Kyler loved it and danced along. Taegen bobbed his head. Strider had to be held. Then they had some AMAZING give-aways (of course, we didn't win any of them, but they were pretty good drawings, if I do say so myself). What I thought would be 15 minutes of fun turned into 1 1/2 hours of a good-time. Way to go Messiah Lutheran!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmm... to bad the church is true or I'd recommend looking into joining their church! :) Love the phrase "took advantage of Messiah Lutheran". Cracks me up.
Awesome! Also, I just logged on to wish you happy birthday today! I hope that you had a great one (too bad it's busy season!) Maybe you could have a fake birthday in like July or something!
Yea for Lutherans;) But then again I'm biased:) Looks like a ton of fun. My parents church does a HUGE easter egg hunt every year in Billings and this year we will be able to take part in that! so fun!! Hang in there till April 15th, you are getting closer:)
Amber
Post a Comment