Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A little love note....

To Ryan's co-workers,
One might assume that I am rather odd. But remember that you all have only met me on very brief occasions. For instance, this evening when you all so graciously accepted our offer to come outside and play tag or duck-duck-goose. I will say that I was sorely disappointed in your tag efforts. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your lack of tag skills was because your were wearing heels, skirts, white button-up shirts and/or loafers. (and having kids with green frosting all over their hands and faces chasing you around might not have been that appealing)

Setting this encounter aside, I have only met most of you once and a few select individuals on more than one occasion. I feel a part of the "engaged" female that is being wed at the lovely museum (was that it?). After all, my opinion was asked (whether or nor used is another discussion) about the possible food options to have at the reception. Wow - she must really trust my judgment :). Others have played "basketball" with my boys, a very nice gesture indeed. Some have even loaned us money when we forgot parking cash or when Ryan had you pick up our dinner (not knowing he couldn't pay over the phone - have we ever paid you back?). All of these super duper acts of kindness have made me feel somewhat a part of the accounting world that my husband is so fully entranced in. He comes home and tells me stories all the time.

I must say that the typical accountant persona that most people think of is: boring, no humor or personality, plain etc. has rarely, if ever, applied to Ryan's co-workers. (except that one...but who wants to name names.)

So...with all this being said, I may or may not be weird, odd, strange, whatever the word is...but at least I feel a small part of your inclusive accounting world. Thanks!

Sincerely Yours,
Mrs. Ryan Gage

No comments: