Can I just say that I think my mom is the greatest. Seriously, I think she is pretty darn cool. She has ALWAYS been there for me when I needed her (and even when I didn't think I needed her). Growing up my mom and I didn't always get along...maybe because we are really alike. After I moved out and went to college she has been one of my closest allies and one of my best friends. When I was SO homesick...she would listen to me cry on the phone. When Ryan went on his mission she would let me talk to her for hours about how amazing he was and she would listen (or pretend too). When I went on bed rest with the boys' pregnancy, she came twice a week and cleaned my house and cooked meals and called every day. She came to appointments with me. When the boys were born and my world was changed forever...she was there. She cried with me. She listened to me. When Kyler was still in the hospital and I was feeling really downtrodden, she came and took me shopping and we got laughing SO hard in the dressing room because nothing fit (duh...I had twins 2 weeks before). Then we shared a pizza pocket and the best Hot Dog on a Stick lemonade EVER. Seriously, the lemonade was so good. She would come stay with Taegen while I visited Kyler. She would come to Dr. appointments with me for support. She would take me to visit Kyler because I couldn't drive. She was always there. Then we moved. Even living far far away...she is still always there. She was there when we bought our first house. She babysat the boys in a hotel while we painted and carpeted and got the house ready. She came to help with Kyler after he had his surgery. She came when Strider was born and stayed to help. She absolutely adores my boys as much as I do. She calls them because she wants to and she doesn't care that she can't understand a thing they say or that they are pushing buttons the whole time. She HAS to see them every few months and will arrange for that to happen one way or another. She is an AMAZING grandma. She listens almost everyday about my silly worries or concerns or my lack of ability to be a mom. She doesn't judge. She somehow makes things better even when they are really not. She is my support. She is there when I need her.
Thanks mom. Love you!
2 comments:
Wow Krista, that is so sweet!! That makes me sound like a really good Mom!! Will you speak at my funeral?
So sweet. :) Happy Mother's Day to you too!!
Post a Comment