Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mini Marathon

So in my life I have ran a few races. I ran track and cross country in High School (it's what the cool kids did...and of course I was cool.)

My first marathon I had a goal to finish in under 4 hours. I finished in 4:02.
My second marathon I had a goal to finish in under 4 1/2 hours. I finished in 4:31.
The Wasatch 100 I had a goal to finish. I finished in 34 hours 52 minutes. (I just put this one in there to make myself look freakin' awesome.)
My first Indianapolis mini marathon I didn't have a goal and I pretty much died. I finished in 2:2o something.
Today was the mini marathon again. I have been training quite a bit this time around. My goal was to finish in under 2 hours. I knew I would end up finishing in like 2:01 or something BUT...
here are the results...

KRISTA #10201

Age: 29 Gender: F

Distance

HALF MAR

Clock Time

2:00:12

Chip Time

1:52:00

Gender Place

1192 / 16574

Division Place

269 / 2960

Age Grade

58.8%

Oall

5365

Ctz

US

5M

42:55

10M

1:26:15

Division

FEMALES 25-29

Divt

2960

Sext

16574


Not too shabby. I am really happy with the results. The Indianapolis mini marathon is the largest mini in the nation. There are 35,000 runners. It's crazy. People EVERYWHERE. I got to run with my good friend, Meghan. Running with a partner is fun. Lots to talk about. We have become great friends due to our hour+ training runs. You get a corral assignment based on what time you put on your registration. I was suppose to start in corral S. Meghan was in corral H. I sneaked in to corral H. Your chip time doesn't start until you cross the start line. So when we crossed the start line the race had already been going 8 minutes. Imagine how long the race would have been going had I started in S. Ugh. It was really fun and we pushed each other. When she was tired, I wasn't and when I was tired, she wasn't. So, it was a great race day!

8 comments:

Heathelyn said...

Way to go!! Did you guys freeze to death?

Kasi said...

that's awesome! Congrats!

Janene said...

Way to go Krista! I wish I had your motivation! I have yet to do a half or full marathon, and would love to do it...even if it's only to check it off my list! You ROCK! I can't believe you did the Wasatch 100...that sounds painful. :)

Matt and Kirsten said...

YEAH!! that is so awesome!

Charlotte said...

Great job,Krista!!

Romney Family said...

That is so awesome Krista!! One day I wish to run a mini marathon. I have run lots of 5ks and did one last summer. Anyway, congrats on a great time!!!

Gma said...

You are awesome!! If I would have come I don't think you would have had such a good time, so it's better I didn't!!

Poots said...

I'm sooooooooo jealous so if you are still there next year i am so coming - you rock! Thank you so much for the phone call Saturday!