
My dad is a great dad. He thinks he falls short in this arena but let me assure you, he doesn't. He has not always had things easy. He gets stressed and overwhelmed. He gets depressed and down. BUT...through it all, I have never doubted his love for me and my family. I've always been close to my dad. When I was young and crying I would go to my dad (well, when I was old too.) I have some great memories of my dad. Like when I ran away from home and he picked me up on the highway and we rolled fake cigarettes and lit them and smoked together. Or the time he told me that if I ever wanted to drink alcohol that he wanted to be the one to take me (I should have taken him up on this one). It wasn't until later that he told me the reason was because he would make me drink so much that I would have the worst hangover ever and I would never want to do it again. Makes sense to me! Or the time that we froze the moment in Vanuatu while sipping our ultra "thick" shakes. Or when he came out to tile our kitchen not realizing that our kitchen is like 4000 square feet (not really but it's big). Or when he does
itsy bitsy spider to my boys over and over and over and over and over again. Or when he invites Ryan to go to work with him. Or when all of us kids use to gather around and he would play his guitar and we would sing "one tin soldier rides away." Or when we danced to "My Girl" at my wedding - choreographed and all. Or when every elderly person within a 10 mile radius knows him because he is a true friend and really cares about them. Or when he would give me a Father's blessing at the drop of a hat. Or when he holds one of my boys for the first time completely in awe over them, especially
Kyler. Or when he is so completely exhausted and sick of us bombarding his house when we visit yet when we leave he gives a hug and says "You know I love you right? You can come home anytime."
I know he loves me and I totally love him too. Happy Father's Day dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment