To Pet or not to Pet? That is the question. Actually it's not really the question because I already know the answer. Not pet. I hate pets. I am not a pet person. I don't want a dog. I definitely don't want a cat - I think they are dumb animals. I don't want fish or birds or anything. I already have to wipe two butts more than 3 times a day...why would I want to have to clean up poop from one more thing?
But.

Taegen wants a pet so bad. He would even take a dead butterfly for a pet. The neighbors have a bush that attracts butterflies so Taegen and Strider went to catch some. Taegen actually caught four. He named them. They slept on his bed next to him. He would feed them every day
until they died. He would shake the bottle to make sure they were alive
over and over. Finally, when they didn't come back to life. He realized they were dead and he went and let them out outside.



The above pic is them searching for the perfect butterfly to catch.

It's not only butterflies though. Taegen wants a pet. He loves dogs. He loves anything that could/would be a pet. I told Ryan that maybe we should get like a hamster or something stupid like that. Then after I said that, I was done with entertaining the idea. Ryan, on the other hand, looked for cages and such on craigslist and showed them to me. I promptly replied, I am so over wanting a pet. Sorry kid. You got stuck with a pet hater for a mom. Better luck next time.
p.s. I found a new thing on my camera that allows me to take sepia, b/w or color photos..can you tell?
4 comments:
I am like you. No pets please. I already take care of the kids I do not want to have to clean up after pets too.
Ya, I was totally like you with no pets and now I have a dog, 57 chickens, a goat, a cow and a calf. How did that happen???? I have to say though, my kids absolutely adore them!
I've been totally missing your blog. We've been internetless for much too long. I laffed reading about your thought process... I love to think about how I got to my final thought as well. Hilarious. :) And wow, a fake cancer story... that's awesome!
And I had no idea you were trying to sell your house. Do you want to stay in Indiana or move elsewhere?
And applebutter? Look at you, you little Amish woman!
OH. And I hate pets.
Post a Comment