Friday, October 1, 2010

31 for 21

October is National Down Syndrome Awareness Month. I didn't know this. Or at least, I don't remember if I knew this or not. I find it a little ironic because October is when Kyler had his big open heart surgery 4 years ago. Also, he gets his tonsils and adenoids out this October. So I don't think October would be Kyler's favorite month.

Many blogs participate in the “31 for 21″ Challenge (31 days in October, 21 for the extra copy of the 21st chromosome present in individuals with Down syndrome.) By flooding the blogosphere with posts, we hope that others will take notice and begin to see our beautiful children for the gifts they truly are. I’ve never participated before - so we shall see how this goes. You all might get bored this month but oh well.



Grab This Button

No comments: