Tuesday, March 8, 2011

another dose of randomness

So I still haven't paid the $5 so that I can put pics on the blog. I know. I'm dumb. To be honest I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog. Weird, I know. Anyways, a few things have been going on as of late. My dad, Creed and mom were able to come out because Hayes turned 12. My dad was able to ordain him to the Aaronic priesthood and they were all able to watch Hayes pass the sacrament for the first time. Then my mom was able to stay for another week. I love it when mom comes. Anyways, no pics yet of the trip (see first line of post).

Usually during Ryan's busy season I blog A LOT because I have nothing else to do at night. Enter Hayes. Not so anymore. After the boy's go to bed it's time to get things done with Hayes. Homework, play games, clean house, etc....so I just haven't been blogging like I usually do this time of year.

House is on the market. Keep fingers crossed that it sells in 3 weeks or less and we don't have to move until the end of May. Ideal...yes, realistic...hopefully.

Kyler has mild obstructive sleep-apnea. So, that's good, I guess. It is mild enough where they won't do anything unless it starts interfering with his life or something like that.

We have Kyler's Annual Case Review next Monday. I just finished (as in two minutes ago) reading all the evaluations and stuff from the school. I don't know how I feel about it. I am pretty sure that we are going to recommend the "resource" classroom for academics but the "normal" classroom for all other times.  I feel like I am failing as a Ds mom because I am not fully pushing for full-inclusion. I went and observed the regular kindergarten because I thought that is what I wanted for Kyler. I think he would get lost in there. I think he would do great at the social times but academically I don't think he would get the help or attention that he needs. I then observed the resource room. There is WAY less kids, more aides and the kids get the attention they need. I think it would be great for Kyler BUT I also want him to be in the normal classroom for all the other stuff. I feel like I just said the same thing twice. So let me say it a third time....I really think Kyler would do best in a "half and half" setting but I feel like it is wrong of me to not fight for full-inclusion when that it was so many of the disability awareness groups are striving for. Oh well. I don't technical (as in my names not on the roll) to any of those groups. I just am part of that group because I was lucky, I guess. OK, now I'm rambling and I really don't know what I'm saying. After all it is 9:42 - way past my bedtime.

Keep staying tuned because one day in the near or not so near future I will pay for pictures again.

4 comments:

BECKY said...

thanks for an update... why do you have to pay for pics? what if you opened the gagegauge2 blog... would it give you free space?

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you'll make the right decision on Kyler's behalf and you'll advocate for him as best as you can. You know him better than anyone after all! Just trust yourself...you're a great mom!

shawnee

Jen said...

Krista,

You are such a good mom. I don't know Kyler's situaltion perfectly, but as a teacher, I became well-versed in all of the resourses truly available in the "resource" classrooms. Honestly I think everyone would benefit from those small class sizes. I'm sure you are choosing what is best for your son!

Janene said...

Krista, I can totally see why you wouldn't want to put Kyler in a "normal" classroom. So many kids seem to get overlooked! You'll do a great job and make the right decision for him. :)

By the way, that's so weird about the picture thing...now I'm curious about it...