Saturday, February 4, 2012

Busy Season Blues and Ky Guy Blues

 Alright, the first few months of the year are always hard because Ryan works so much.  I have been spoiled since we moved because I have seen him SO much more than usual because he doesn't have 1 1/2 hours of driving every day for work.  Well, busy season is here. I don't like it. I like it WAY more than I did in Indiana.  Ryan is still able to come home for about a 20 - 30 minute lunch.  Then he comes home for dinner for an hour or so and then he is gone again. So we get to see him 1 1/2 hours a day more than we were able to in Indiana.   We are doing an 8 week challenge with some friends to healthify our lives. It's pretty simple. Exercise 45 minutes 5X a week. No sweets 6 days a week. 3 veggies and 2 fruit servings a day. Lots of water. A few other little things. Anyways, I LOVE/HATE it.  I have started working out in the morning which I LOVE, but Ryan works out at night. So when I leave in the morning to workout I am leaving Ryan and the only time we have together.  Then at night he gets home late and then exercises and I am already in bed. I hate when our schedules are opposite.  I also hate not being able to eat ice cream and make cookies to help me "feel better" too.  It also doesn't help that he's in the bishopric so he has those duties too.  He has to go to YM's on Wednesdays and then has meetings from 7 until 3 (usually) on Sundays which is the only day he doesn't work. Really it isn't THAT bad. I think I just really really like my hubby and it's so much funner when he is around that when he is gone....I miss him. Alright...I'm done complaining (for today).

On another note, I made blueberry pancakes this morning for breakfast and Kyler was a mess.  He had blue all over his face and stomach and hands and everything. He is so stinking cute.

3 comments:

BECKY said...

Posts like these prepare me for Aaron's future.... yikes!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Its been way too long since I checked out your life via blog. Man you are a cute mom!! AND complain away, because when my husband is gone I feel every right to complain. Tough season - hope it flys by for you.
- Kirsten Chidester

mcdowellfamilyfarm said...

and his underwear are on backwards...that's awesome!!