Tuesday, March 13, 2012

T-dogs first 5k. Awesome!

 Taegen did a 5K this last weekend with me. That is 3.1 miles and he is not even 6 years old yet. AMAZING!! I told him about the race a little while ago and he said he wanted to do it. He LOVES to exercise. When Ryan and I were doing P90X he would do it along side us. If I slept in, he would wake me up and say "aren't we going to exercise". He loves it.  So, he said he wanted to do it with me.  We went and ran the course a few weeks ago. It was raining and cold and Taegen's shoes had holes in them (awesome mom, I know). Anyways, it took us over an hour to do it but it was so fun to chat as we walked, jogged and ran. I even told him where I had pooped in the bushes along side the trail (tmi).

So Saturday came, he was so exciting. He wore different shoes that didn't have holes in them. We got his number pinned on. He was ready to go.  The first mile is pretty flat then the next mile is uphill, the last mile is down hill. So we started and he did GREAT.  Ryan came and cheered for a minute at the beginning before going back to taxes.  I was pushing the other two boys in the jogger stroller. Taegen did so well. We jogged quite a bit. We even had to take off our sweatshirts but Taegen was so worried because his number was pinned to his sweatshirt so we had to stop and re-pin in to his shirt (I think that added a few minutes to our time :)).  Anyways, I'm not sure of the exact time but I'm pretty sure it was 47 minutes. I am super proud of Taegen. Good work little buddy.

I look forward to running with this tike for a long while. He is great company.

 The other side of the START sign says FINISH so this is really the finish.



Love it! Proud mama.


This is a picture of my good friend Melea. I'm pretty sure I don't have any pictures of friends here in Montana. This is proof people...see, I do have friends. At least one and she is number 507. I'm not sure what her name is. :)

4 comments:

BECKY said...

ROCK ON YOU GUYS!!! AWESOME!

Romney Family said...

how fun!! THat is awesome!!!

Shalise said...

That's awesome-I need one of my sons to motivate me to do P90X-I've been thinking about it for months.

Janene said...

Krista! First of all, thanks for the Spread the word to end the Word post. I still use that word without even thinking about it, and it IS rude, you're totally right. Thanks for helping me with that. I won't say it anymore. I had to laugh at your comment about how nobody reads your blog anymore, because I feel the same way, but do it mostly for Journaling too. My blog had switched over to the new format and I didn't know how to see anyone's blog until today... :) Hallelujah, atleast I got that figured out!

I love that Teagen ran his first 5k with you. That's amazing. And wrestling! Wow. You're brave! I hope you're liking it in Montana. Hope you're all doing well and enjoying your summer!