Monday, November 26, 2007

Disastrously successful!



We did it! Our first family vacation where we didn’t go to Utah or Montana. We went to Nauvoo, Illinois. We left at 6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving night and got there at 11:30 p.m. with no problems. However, when we got there the boys woke up and thought that it was time to be awake. So after rocking and singing and every other option we could think of they FINALLY fell asleep at 2:00 a.m. but we forgot the noise maker so we had to have the radio on all night long. Stupid radio! Friday we met our good friends the McConkie’s. They drove all morning starting at 5:00 a.m. and met us in Nauvoo. We went to the Brickmakers, the Horseshoemakers, the Bakery, the Family Center and on an Oxen ride that lasted about 1 ½ minutes long. It was great fun…so we now have a Nauvoo brick, nail rings and pictures to last a lifetime. Ryan and Nate went to the temple on Friday and Melissa and I went to the temple on Saturday. It was a beautiful temple and worth the trip. After a carriage ride to Inspiration Point we headed to Carthage. It was great to see all these places and I am sure that my boys will remember the feelings they had for the rest of their lives . I will definitely remember the feelings I had of….craziness trying to keep two toddlers from touching all the un-touchables and keep them quiet through all the demonstrations and movies. In the future I think we will plan trips to noisy, kid-proof, kid-friendly places. This is not to say the boys weren’t good…they were actually GREAT it just wasn’t an ideal vacation for little one’s. Live and Learn I suppose! It was fun to be with our own little family and our friends and we definitely made some memories.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I thought we did pretty well considering our kids'ages. Thanks for the good times!!!

ps--did you find my doll? I am so ticked that I lost it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to see you again. Looking forward to a Christmas in the islands with you. Give the boys a hug for me.

Your favorite father in law

TeamDall said...

very cool krista! way to go. you're brave to go on a trip with your kids. we went to palmyra with one toddler and i thought we had it rough:)

Panda said...

good for you guys! that was one thing i wish we did while living in kansas....looks like a fun vacation! fun you could go w/ friends!

Romney Family said...

Krista, Hey I don't kow if you remember me but I was your roommate our first year at ricks for a semester. We use to run together. I also was in the same stake as Ryan growing up. I don't even know if he would remember me. Anyway, I found your blog on Panda's. I was excited to see how great you look like you are doing. It is fun to look at you blog.

Jessie (Smith) Romney