Saturday, March 7, 2009

I am AMAZING!

I did it! I took all three boys by myself on their first "real" outing that wasn't to the grocery store or play group. We went to the zoo. Just me, Taegen, Kyler and Strider. To make matters worse, I forgot the double stroller. So I pushed Strider in his stroller and Taegen and Kyler walked. I hesitate to say this as I don't want to jinx myself in the future but it was a HUGE SUCCESS. We had a GREAT TIME! It really was so much fun. We were there for 2 1/2 hours and it was so great. First of all, Kudos to Taegen. He helped so much. As soon as we got out of the car he took Kyler's hand and led him from that point on. He helped him up stairs, down ramps, sitting at the dolphin show, everything. I tried to hold Kyler's hand and he just started crying for Taegen. So...Taegen came over and held Kyler's hand and Kyler stopped crying and went wherever Taegen led him. It was so cute to see. Strider was also excellent and he was only asleep for about 30 minutes. He was as happy as a clam.
So - I need to somehow mark this post so that every time I'm having a "hate being a mom" moment, I can read this blog and remember that one time, long ago, I did enjoy it (for at least a day). :):)
Isn't this just precious??? (I promise I didn't stage this pic at all. Taegen just took his hand and they were off.)
Strider is just so freakin' cute - nothing else to say!

I had to post this picture so my mama and dad could see the boys in their new shirts. The boys love them. Thanks gma and gpa Stapp.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I am very impressed. I can't even take Kelly to the movies Ü Your boys are so cute and I am sure you are an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. You are totally my hero

Anonymous said...

I love those boys. Taegen is the best big brother (he is older) in the whole world. They will be buds forever!!! Strider is so cute I would like to pinch his cute cheeks.
Love, Grandma Gage

Tewz said...

Kristaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! It is Julie. YOur boys are soooooooo cute. O my gosh. Where are you now?????

Charlotte said...

Hurray! I'm glad you had such a great day! And as you know, your boys are fantastically adorable! :)

BECKY said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love the last picture of them in their shirts. Strider's smile is just toooooo funny and cute!!!

The Tengelsens said...

Krista,
Way to go on the Zoo. I would have been really nervous to do that. I bet they LOVED it because it was something totally different. Thanks for blogging so much. I love to see what you are up to.
Katie

Anonymous said...

2 things - 1st happy anniversary (late) 2nd - nice job on the super mom date. Treasure the crazy and happy times - they go fast! Wish I had some back!!!!