Monday, June 15, 2009

Definite Progress....


So we are definitely making progress with Taegen. Saturday we had NO accidents. Sunday we had a pee accident in the evening. He is doing Super! I am very encouraged. This was what happened at church yesterday. I went in to get him out of nursery to take him to the potty. We ran into the bathroom. Sit him on the toilet.

Taegen: "I need to poop."
He seriously starting pushing harder than I thought possible without producing any substance (sorry to be so graphic).
Taegen: "It's stuck"
He proceeds to reach his hands behind him and I hurriedly say "No No No Taegen. We don't touch our bums when we're pooping."
Taegen: "I'm not touching my poop. Look"
I look and he is spreading his cheeks in an attempt to help his movement along.
Taegen (while spreading): "Come out poopies. Poopies come out."
It was awesome. I was so proud of my lil' boy.
I wiped him even though there was nothing in the toilet and so Taegen wanted to try too. He grabbed some toilet paper and wiped and then looked at it (disgusting, I know). He saw a smidgeon and said "mom, I pooped. Yeah!"

So with that...I'll take it! Progression in the potty training area!

One more side note: Taegen called my mom the first time he pooped in the toilet and she told him to call her every time he pooped in the potty and she would put a starburst in a cup. Then when we go to Utah in a couple weeks he will get all his starbursts. So...Sunday morning at 7 am Taegen pooped and HAD to call grandma (5:00 am in Utah). I think she might regret ever telling him to call everytime he poops. She will be getting some early morning calls...but Taegen is very excited about it (as am I)

7 comments:

Heathelyn said...

Yeah for Taegen and yeah for you!!

BECKY said...

Hmmm... will your mom make a collection of Starbursts for me? :) Congrats Taegen! (and mom!!)

Charlotte said...

Awesome! Good job Taegan!

Shalise said...

That made me laugh-excited to see you in a few weeks!

Janene said...

I hate potty training. I think it's the worst part of being a parent! I had those same issues with Carson. He was barely 2 1/2 when I decided he was ready and I forced it. I made the poor kid swish his own undies out in the potty because I couldn't (I was prego...) Poor guy. Good luck. That's all I can say. Okay one more thing....he'll get it, eventually. I laid off for a few months then things went well the second time around. Good luck!

mcdowellfamilyfarm said...

Can you leave this post up forever so when Taegen is dating, his girlfriends can read about it? I think he will enjoy that! Good luck!

Scott and Sarah said...

Yeah! Toilet training is HARD work (especially for a parent). Sounds like you are coming out in a few weeks... we will have to get together sometime. :)