Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life's Frustrations....

Sometimes life just seems like it's filled with poo. Let me explain.

Vent #1. Lately, it seems like I have slept in (5:15 am) and missed my exercise classes more often then before. Now don't get me wrong. I still go to the gym when I wake up at 5:15, it's just not to a spin class. I still come home sweating like a dog, cuz that's what fat people do. So...I still get a GREAT workout all the while wishing that I had made it to my class.

Vent #2. Kyler has started his summer school program. He has class every Mon and Wed from 8:30 until 11:30. This throws off my schedule immensely because I have to take him and pick him up and it is about 15 minutes away. So my schedule is all befuddled. Strider will sometimes fall asleep on the way to take Kyler but then wakes up when I get him out of the car. So he gets a short nap. Also, going to the grocery store is hard because if I go right after I drop him off then I shop, have to bring groceries home and then go get him because I can't very well leave the groceries in the car for an hour when it is so freakin' humid and hot. I suppose that I am willing to make the "sacrifice" for Kyler to get his much needed therapies. I really love the program he is in even if it is an inconvenience.

Vent #3. I HATE humidity. It's been two years since I first cut my hair super super short. I have been trying to grow it out for awhile. Now that's it's finally grown out - I always have it in a ponytail because of how humid, hot and sticky the weather is. What's the point of growing it out?

Vent #4. This is the mother of all vents. This is what makes the rest of the vents seem huge. This causes everything in my life to be so much more annoying than it really should be.
POTTY TRAINING! What the crap! So, every little kid I know that is around Taegen's age is and has been potty trained for quite some time. The Dr and other people tell me to just wait until he is ready. How do I know? It's very difficult to teach Taegen this because Kyler doesn't have to do it...yet! I have tried a couple times putting him in undies and seeing what happens. The first time, the first day he did everything in his undies and nothing in the potty. The Dr told me to wait and try again in a couple weeks. I have tried having a treat bag in the bathroom and he only gets a treat if he goes on the potty. Doesn't work. I have tried having him pee on cheerios. Doesn't work. This week he has been in underwear since Tuesday. Tuesday he had one accident (pee) at 8:00 p.m. in the neighbors garage (sorry Christy). All day long he peed in the toilet. Great job! Wednesday, he peed his pants. 20 minutes later he pooped and peed in his pants. A couple hours later he peed in his pants. I think he went in the toilet once. Thursday (today). He peed in the toilet. Then he pooped his pants and just ran around with it for awhile before I realized it. Then he peed his pants. What the crap! Seriously, I'm SICK SICK SICK of pee and poop. Between changing diapers and dealing with poopy underwear...I'm done! Seriously though, I would rather change a poopy diaper than poopy underwear. Have I given up? Let's just say...Taegen is still in underwear (although I don't know for how much longer). Help me mom!

Ok. I'm done venting. I still have issues I would like to vent but I will wait until a later date. Good day!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Once Parker had a few accidents, I decided he wasn't ready. I wasn't going to waste my time and energy cleaning up if he didn't have the advanced notice/desire to make it to the potty. I would try it for a morning, then just put in back in diapers. After he turned three, I decided to try again. We made a little chart with a little reward at the end. This time, only one accident in three days. Presto! He was ready. He still wore pull-ups at night for about two weeks afterwards, but now it's been months and we rarely ever have accidents and they're at night. My advice: If he has many accidents, wait. He must not be ready. It will make your life so much easier!

Jami said...

Oh Krista, don't even get me started on potty training and my life being filled will poo. I think my boy is a lot older than yours too, but he just has absolutely no interest in potty training. I'm just to the point that I don't care right now, maybe I'll try in a month or two, but I'm sick of cleaning up poo all of the time, especially if he is making no effort to go in the toilet AT ALL. Let me know if you get any good tips. I think my twins will be potty trained before Trenton!

BECKY said...

I could totally feel your frustration of touching pee and poo underwear hearing about what you've been through the past few days... gross! I know nothing on the subject though so DO share all your tricks that do work when you get there!

Charlotte said...

Every kid is different. I tried potty-training Konrad around his third birthday and he just wasn't ready. When Elena was born four months later, it became his "big boy" thing and he was literally potty-trained, day and night-time within days.

With Elena, I learned the benefits of waiting. And she was little different. There was a lot more trial and error but she wasn't potty-trained until this past September ( 3 1/2) but once we found what worked for her, she was potty-trained within a week or two.

I didn't even bother trying to potty train my kids until they woke up dry at night.

It may seem like everyone else's kids is potty-trained, but there are several who aren't.

It doesn't sound like Taegan is ready. Lay off for a month or two and try again later. It's not worth the stress or the mess.

BECKY said...

Thanks for your interest in my story. :) I will email it to you, but I'm thinking it will be in a week. I have all the details of him showing up after two months, but I've got to get back in my journal (at my parents house) and get the details of the first meeting and date. I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait. :) And I'm glad you could vouch on Indiana for me. He served his mission there and talked about how flat it was A LOT!!! Have a great weekend!

BECKY said...

You lucky duck... I just sent the story to your gmail inbox. :)

Dustin and Selena said...

Krista-
I just want to say that I love you and your stories. I am not get on advice so all I can say is, hang in there, that is what I am trying to do myself!

Poots said...

Krista, I hate to break it to you but there are no magic tricks! My best advice is be consistent and be prepared not to leave the house for a while!!!! Hang in there!