Sunday, September 20, 2009

Religion?

This is how Taegen prays at school...
This is how Taegen prays at home and church....Taegen goes to Christ Lutheran Pre-school. Every morning they have chapel time where the pastor teaches them a Bible lesson and they pray. I don't mind that he is learning Bible stories because, after all, I should be teaching him those anyways. The problem is that now I feel like I should be teaching him our, LDS, beliefs. Easier said that done (for me). That would mean that I would have to know what our beliefs are. Maybe I should just hope that once he's out of preschool he will forget what "they" believe and he will then remember the things "we" believe. Hmmm...maybe I'll stick with the second option for now.

4 comments:

Poots said...

I sent Coop and Hayday to a Lutheran preschool and it was great! If you are living the gospel at home, trust me they will remember and have a better understanding of others! Good for you for broadening them - it is a great missionary tool for them to learn tolerance! Have a good week! Love ya!

Charlotte said...

Konrad went to a Federated preschool where they blessed the snack with their hands clasped. We just explained to Konrad that that's what they do at school and that's okay, but at home and church, we fold our arms.

Konrad doesn't even remember it now. The times I've been at chapel and they ask the kids to sit quietly, or pray Elena automatically has folded her arms, and they didn't correct it.

It's all good. :0)

BECKY said...

You guys are great examples, no doubt.

mcdowellfamilyfarm said...

Just send him to school with 20 Books of Mormon in his backpack to pass out and it will all even out in the end.