Pumpkin carving is fun for a few minutes. I get bored. I always want to try to do something cool but I get bored around the part where I am cleaning out the insides so my pumpkins always end up really boring and plain. Ryan, on the other hand, is like ultra pumpkin carver dude. Taegen really liked it this year and he actually designed his own pumpkin. He just wanted lines all over his pumpkin. Hey, it worked. Kyler and Strider had a little help from daddy. Overall, pumpkin carving was a success. Plus it was ultra nice that it was warm enough to carve outside, that way, no mess to clean up inside. Win/Win.
 |
| See Ryan's super cool pirate pumpkin, Taegen, Kyler's says boo, Striders and mine, the cat. |
For Halloween this year Strider was Kyler. It was awesome. When Kyler had his tonsil/adenoid surgery they gave me extra clothes, IV lines, tape, etc to make a great costume for Strider. So, when we had out trunk or treat...he was Kyler. I should have been smarter and put his IV on his left hand because he couldn't ever pick out the candy because his IV was in the way. Silly me. Anyways, Saturday night (Oct.30) the ward had a trunk-or-treat with 3 wards. This means...LOADS of candy for the boys. Kyler got bored half way through and went and sat with Ryan at the trunk. After all the candy, the youth in the ward put on carnival games inside. The boys had fun, although they pretty much wanted to help Ryan run the ring toss the entire time.
Halloween was on Sunday this year. I had gotten jack-o-lantern pizza's from Papa Murphy's on Saturday so we could eat them Sunday evening for Halloween. Then, unlike every other LDS person on the planet, we actually went trick or treating. I do not see why trick or treating is not considered "keeping the Sabbath day holy"...we go as a family, we aren't doing anything we aren't suppose to do. Anyways, this subject should have it's own post and not be a rant here. Let's just leave it at...we went trick or treating on Sunday and we feel good about our decision.
Taegen was the Thing, Kyler was Spiderman and Strider was a skeleton. Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
you are the worst mormon in the whole world for going trick or treating. How dare you? Or maybe you're just the best mom for not using it as an excuse not to take your kids ;)
Yeah, we took our kids too. I didn't see anything wrong with it either. Except for my rant about the kids having too much candy. LOL!
I'm with Kasi. It was basically an excuse more than anything. We were actually going to go, but after we did Zoo Boo on Friday and trunk-or-treat on Saturday I was over it. Plus I'm pregnant so that exempts me from everything, right? :)
Post a Comment